Officine Panerai the Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic - 42mm
The Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic is the first watch from Officine Panerai to introduce the original combination of the Luminor 1950 case 42 mm in diameter and a white dial. The movement is the automatic P.9000 calibre with a power reserve of three days, completely developed and made in the Officine Panerai manufacture at Neuchâtel.
The forms of the case made of AISI 316L stainless steel are those which have made the Luminor an icon of international sports watchmaking, with the lever device protecting the winding crown to ensure water-resistance to a depth of 10 atmospheres. The case and the bezel have a polished finish, in contrast with that of the bridge protecting the winding crown.
The white dial of the Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic provides the maximum clarity and legibility, with large black figures corresponding to the hour markers, the date window at 3 o’clock and the small seconds dial at 9 o’clock, a characteristic of Panerai watches since the 1940s.
The sapphire crystal back enables the Panerai P.9000 calibre to be admired. This is an automatic movement with a power reserve of three days, two spring barrels and the oscillating weight which rotates in both directions. The time is adjusted by a special system by which the hour hand is moved in jumps of exactly one hour, without interfering with the running of the minute hand.
The Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic (PAM000523) is fitted with a brown alligator strap with a brushed steel buckle and it is supplied with the special tool for replacing the strap and a steel screwdriver.
Ref. : PAM00523.
- Movement: Automatic mechanical, Panerai P.9000 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 7.9 mm thick, 28 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, two barrels. 197 components.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
- Case: Diameter 42 mm, AISI 316L polished steel.
- Bezel: Polished steel.
- Back: See-through sapphire crystal.
- Device protecting the crown: (protected as a trademark) Brushed steel.
- Dial: White with Arabic numerals and luminous dots markers. Date at 3 o’clock, seconds at 9 o’clock.
- Crystal: Sapphire, made of corundum, 1.8 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.
- Water-resistance: 10 bar (~100 metres).
- Strap: PANERAI personalised alligator strap and brushed steel buckle. Supplied with a tool for changing the strap and a steel screwdriver.
*The trademarks Glucydur® and Incabloc® are not the property of Officine Panerai.