Cuervo y Sobrinos the Robusto Buceador Manjuari 1882
Sporty innovation and vanguard Swiss technology
The new version of the Robusto Manjuari 1882 from Cuervo y Sobrinos takes inspiration from a Cuban icon, the “Manjuari” fish. A species particular to the Caribbean Sea, prehistoric in origin, indigenous and today protected, that all Cubans regard with affectionate respect.
Cuervo y Sobrinos set high technical criteria for this new release. Attractive to look at, extremely comfortable to wear thanks to its soft rubber strap lined in personalized red rubber, the “Manjuari” embodies vanguard technical and technological features: modular case in steel, titanium and rubber, excellent waterproofing, screw-on crown, maximum legibility and movement with double time zone. Rubber is also used for the sides of the case, giving it a very high-tech look. A new titanium and crystal lunette ensures maximum visibility even at extreme depths.
The new Robusto Manjuari 1882 is not just an old watch. It is a sports watch able to descend to very great depths, to 1882 feet (nearly 600 metres), a number that also stands for the year in which the brand was founded.
Taking inspiration from the Manjuari was deliberate: this odd-looking, oddly-shaped fish is found on the Cuban one-peso coin and Cuervo y Sobrinos has engraved it on the back of every “Manjuari” watch.
This time it was the island of Cuba and its fantastic sea to inspire Cuervo y Sobrinos master watchmakers.
ROBUSTO MANJUARI 1882
Ref. : 2808.1NR black dial 1882
- Professional diving watch water resistant to 1882 feet (600 meters)
Highly innovative modular case using 3 different materials: stainless steel, titanium and rubber
- Screw-in crown, second time zone
- Engraving of the Manjuari (rare autochthonous Cuban fish) on the case back
- Automatic CyS 2511
- Soprod TT 651
- Diameter 25.60 mm
- Height 5.10 mm
- 25 jewels
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date and second time zone
- Modular case in stainless steel, titanium, rubber ring
- Rubber sides applied to steel, 1882 engraved at 9h00
- Rotating bezel in titanium and sapphire crystal showing countdown minutes
- Sapphire crystal with antireflective coating on both sides
- Water resistant to 1882 feet (600 meters)
- Case diameter: 43 mm
- Height: 14.95 mm
- Case back: screwed-in with laser engraving of a Manjuari fish
- "Clous de Paris" patterns, logo applied, superluminova indices
- Black rubber lined in red rubber with “1882” pierced in
Stainless steel folding buckle