Louis Moinet the Geograph Australian Edition
For the 225th anniversary of Australia Day celebration on the 26th of January, 2013, Louis Moinet has launched a special Geograph: Australian Edition. This limited-edition chronograph of 30 pieces pays tribute to icons of Australia: Captain James Cook, the Southern Cross and the colours of the national flag.
Geograph: Australian Edition by Louis Moinet is an elegant yet robust two-pusher automatic chronograph with a second time zone.
The red, white and blue of the dial as well as the star-shaped small seconds hand at 9 o’clock evoke the Australian flag, while six stars engraved on the case-back represent the flag’s Southern Cross constellation.
Engravings of a map and a sailing ship on the lower part of the case-back pay tribute to nautical explorer Captain James Cook, the first European to extensively explore and chart the eastern coastline of Australia.
Limited edition : 30 pieces
- Hours and minutes indicated by central Gouttes de Rosée hands
- Star-shaped small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Chronograph central seconds, 30-minute and 12-hour counters
- Second time zone indicated by serpentine hand
- Date window at 9 o’clock
- Crafted in 316L stainless steel
- Dark blue Côtes du Jura guilloche
- 24-hour, second-time-zone chapter ring with day (silver) and night (red) night indicators
- Rhodium-plated hands
- Blue, Louisiana alligator leather with alligator lining, hand-sewn.