At the end of 2013, TAG Heuer springs a surprise by launching two new Carrera chronographs offering variations on the model celebrating Jack Heuer’s 80th birthday – the CARRERA Calibre 17 Chronograph – designed by Jack Heuer himself in 2012. A year on, TAG Heuer extends the homage paid to its visionary honorary chairman with these special boutique editions.
Jack Heuer made his mark on TAG Heuer’s history by creating the most iconic watches of the modern era, and notably the Carrera. Last year, in celebrating his 80th birthday, he drew inspiration from his original creation to design the commemorative CARRERA Calibre 17 Chronograph. Its classic 41 mm diameter, together with a pure, broad dial and an automatic movement driving two counters at 3 and 9 o’clock, are all subtly reminiscent of a vintage era.
Today’s special TAG Heuer boutique editions offer two dial variations: one with a silver flange and counters against an anthracite background – the exact opposite of its predecessor’s color scheme; and the second with blue counters and flange against a silver backdrop. They also feature red accents echoing the vintage Heuer logo appearing on both the dial and the case back. The perforated leather straps come in black with a red lining or in blue.
By enriching the Carrera Calibre 17 Chronograph collection, powered by COSC chronometer-certified movements, TAG Heuer is offering aficionados a gift that will doubtless be especially appreciated in this festive season.
- CV5110.FC6310 : Anthracite & Silver dial with black perforated leather strap
- CV5111.FC6335 : Silver & Blue PVD dial with blue perforated leather strap
Movement: TAG Heuer Calibre 17 – Automatic Chronograph – Date (COSC)
- Anthracite or Silver dial with sunray effect
- Silver or Blue counters with sunray effect at 3 and 9 o’clock
- Running second at 3 o’clock
- Chronograph minute at 9 o’clock
- Hand-applied faceted indexes
- Polished hour and minute hands with luminescent markers
- Red central chronograph hands
- Vintage RED Heuer logo
- Tachymeter scale on Silver or Blue flange
- “Calibre 17” lettering on the dial
- Date window at 6 o’clock
- Case diameter: 41mm
- Polished steel case
- Double-antireflective curved scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Polished bezel
- Polished crown and push-buttons
- Screw-in caseback with specific red Heuer logo
- Water resistance: 100 meters
- Black perforated calfskin with red lining
- Blue perforated calfskin
- Steel folding clasp with safety push buttons
Avaibility: From November 2013 (ex La Chaux-de-Fonds)
Estimated SRP: 5’200 CHF / 4350 EUR/ 5700 USD / 45200 HKD / 589750 JPY