Hublot, the Swiss luxury watch brand, is proud to announce that Guga Kuerten, three-time winner at Roland Garros, former world number 1 tennis player and member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame, is their newest ambassador. Guga joins Hublot's class of elite athletes, including Miami Heat basketball star Dwyane Wade, celebrated Olympic athlete Usain Bolt and current AS Monaco striker Radamel Falcão Garcia.
To celebrate this partnership, Hublot has launched a watch bearing Guga's signature, the King Power Guga Bang, in a limited edition of 100. Hublot is strengthening its alliance with its new ambassador by supporting the renowned tennis player's charity, the Instituto Guga Kuerten "Guga Kuerten Institute". The IGK's mission is social inclusion through sport and education. The King Power Guga Bang has a titanium case with carbon bezel, with a 48-mm diameter and has Guga's signature on the front of the dial at 8 o'clock and the date in yellow designed to resemble a tennis ball. On the back of the case is the best known image of the tennis player, inside a heart. Part of the watch sales will be reserved for IGK.
This is the objective of the Instituto Guga Kuerten, a nongovernmental organisation founded in 2000 by the Kuerten family, which has already had direct involvement in the lives of 45,000 young people and continues to pursue the support of educational activities in the State of Santa Catarina.
The desire to work with children and people with special needs was Gustavo Kuerten's dream, becoming a reality thanks his tournament wins during his career as a tennis professional. The IGK was established after Guga's second win at Roland Garros.
The Institute invests in maintaining sporting and educational centres (Champions of Life) attended annually by 720 children and people with disabilities.
Invalid Scald ID.
- Case: "King Power" – 48-mm diameter in satin-finish titanium
- Carbon fibre
- Six black PVD H-shaped relief titanium screws
- Sapphire with anti-reflective coating
- Special sticker with GUGA signature of the Brazilian tennis player Gustavo Kuerten
- Bezel Lug: Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts: Black composite resin
- Black rubber insert
- Two buttons in satin-finish titanium
- Black rubber inserts
- Glass completely covered with a black sticker with illustration in white and grey of the victorious Gustavo Kuerten and the tennis player's signature in yellow.
- Water resistance: 10 ATM, i.e. approx. 100 metres
- Matt black, hour markers in rhodium with white SuperLuminova™
- Yellow tennis ball sticker on dial at 3 o'clock
- Hands: Rhodium plated, satin-finish vertical with white SuperLuminova™
- Movement: HUB4100, mechanical chronograph with automatic winding
- No. of components: 252
- Jewels: 27
- Power reserve: Approximately 42 hours
- Adjustable in Nomex™ black with white embroidery in the design of a tennis net
- Yellow stitching
- Clasp: Titanium with titanium cover