Combining watchmaking complications, aesthetics and poetry, new TWENTY-8-EIGHT Double Time GMT2 Poetic accurately reflects the spirit of DeWitt.
This year the iconic collection is offering one of the more original takes on the GMT complication, with a new very poetic way to display the time.
It is equipped with a self-winding mechanical movement with a power reserve of 42 hours, and with three complications: date, GMT, and day/night indicator for the second time zone.
Its contemporary 43mm-diameter round titanium case sculpted with the 24 traditional DeWitt imperial columns plays on the contrast with the extreme refinement of the dial.
Created in-house by the Maison’s dialmakers, its rosette pattern gives structure to various decorations: sunray brushing, beige mother of pearl half-moons, and Arabic and Roman numerals in pink gold appliques, like a garden shaped by the hand of man.
In the upper part, the eye is inexorably drawn to the circular aperture at 12 o'clock, where the sun’s rays emerge at dawn and fade at dusk, at the other end of the earth, our thoughts leave us...
The second time zone on the other hand is represented by a small hollow swordshaped red hand.
True to its innovative and unique style, DeWitt has daringly chosen bold combinations of materials.
The new TWENTY-8-EIGHT watch also perfectly meets the highest standards of finish adopted since its creation by the DeWitt Manufacture: satin-finished, bevelled and polished surfaces. The high quality of finishes also applies to the rotor with the personalised "Côtes de Genève". The crown also sports an engraved "W".
With its unique aesthetic signature mixing poetry and high-end watchmaking, a truly original function display, and the combination of special materials, the new TWENTY-8-EIGHT Double Time GMT2 Poetic relinquishes a gentle harmony from within its dynamic construction.
- Reference DW2002
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement
- Diameter 26.60 mm
- Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, date, dual time zone, night/day indicator
- Power reserve 42 hours
- Vibrations 28,800 vph
- Rotor Dewitt design with « Côtes de Genève » pattern
- Spiral Flat
- Escapement 51° angle of lift
- Jewels 21
- Case Round case with DeWitt imperial columns on the sides
- Material Titanium
- Diameter 43 mm
- Total thickness 12.25 mm
- Crown Titanium, polished, ring in blackened titanium, “W” signature
- Case back Design DeWitt, safety screws
- Distance between lugs 21 mm
- Dial Black dial with sunray pattern. Light grey rosette motif set with rose gold colour tone beading and adorned with 4 half-moons in beige mother of pearl. Arabic and Roman numerals appliques in rose gold colour tone. Day and Night indicator in an aperture at 12 o’clock. Date in an aperture at 6 o’clock.
- Hands Hours and minutes: open-worked hands in the form of doubleedged swords, rose gold colour tone Seconds: thin and elegant, rose gold colour tone Second time zone: open-worked hands in the form of doubleedged swords, red colour tone
- Wristband Black alligator
- Buckle Titanium pin buckle, engraved “W” signature
- Water-resistance 30 metres