An icon plays the transparency game
An unmistakable contemporary watchmaking icon, the Golden Bridge Automatic by Corum takes a new step in the field of innovation by providing an unprecedented variation on the theme of transparency. The watch thus treats its legendary baguette movement to a ‘showcase’ that is translucent on the back and sides, whereas once on the wrist it hides any external elements so as to reveal only the riches of its exceptional mechanism.
It turned plenty of heads when it was first presented in 1980. Since then, the Golden Bridge from Corum has been a perpetual source of fascination, appearing in tourbillon versions as well as in a new automatic interpretation in 2011.
Never one to miss out on a challenge, the legendary Golden Bridge by Corum now defies optical laws. Exploring the mysteries of transparency, the watch reinvents design codes to reveal a 360° translucent architecture when it is not worn, while becoming opaque when attached to the wrist – which is thus hidden from sight so as to highlight the magic of the exclusive linear mechanism. The secret of this fascinating orchestration lies in a two-part sapphire dial featuring a metallic striped motif. This ingenious element is placed behind the caliber at the heart of a tonneau-shaped 18K red or white gold case fitted with four sapphire crystal faces forming the watch glass, the back and the sides. This stunningly transparent architecture creates a fascinating play on perspective, in turn concealing or revealing elements exterior to the watch itself. The hour-markers applied to the sapphire dial catch and hold the light, accentuating the overall depth effect, while the openworked hands add an airy touch.
At the heart of this fascinating world of optical effects lies the exclusive Corum Caliber CO 313, an automatic baguette movement with linear winding. Equipped with a platinum linear oscillating weight and a slipping spring mechanism, this mechanical masterpiece beats at a frequency of 4 Hz (28,800 vibrations per hour) and is endowed with a 40-hour power reserve. Its 194 parts include a variable-inertia balance – a guarantee of long-term precision – and a barrel that is miniaturized so as not to disturb the overall verticality of the model. The mainplate and bridges are made of 18K red or white gold and feature a hand-crafted vertical guilloché motif delightfully accompanying the linear motion of the oscillating weight.
A reflection of horological excellence, the new Corum Golden Bridge Automatic comes with a brown or black crocodile leather strap fastened by a red or white gold pin buckle bearing the Corum key, and is water-resistant to 30 meters.
Invalid Scald ID.
- B313/01612 - 313.165.55/0002 GL10R*A
- B313/01959 - 313.165.55/V100 GL10R*B
- Movement number: CO 313
- Winding system: Automatic
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- Frequency: 4 Hz, 28'800 vph
- Dimension: 14 3/4''' x 5'''
- Rubies: 26
- Movement finishes: Oscillating mass in platinum
- Material: Sapphire crystal
- Distinctive features:
- Applied 5N red gold-coated hour indexes
- Minute-circle indexes transferred on the dial
- Shape: Tonneau-shape
- Dimension: 37.20 x 51.80 mm
- Thickness: 13.70 mm
- Case material: 5N 18kt red gold
- Crown material:
- 5N 18kt red gold
- Engraved CORUM key
- Crystal: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Back type: Screwed in open back cover in 5N 18kt red gold with glare proof sapphire crystal
- Back finishes: Linear 5N red gold stripes metalized under the sapphire crystal
- Water-resistance: 30 meters / 3 ATM
- Hour and minute:
- 5N red gold-coated
- Material: Crocodile leather
- Colours: Brown
- Interhorn/Buckle: 20/18 mm
- Buckle type: Tongue buckle
- Buckle material: 5N 18kt red gold
- Buckle distinctive features: Engraved CORUM logo
- Material: 5N 18kt red gold
- Interhorn/Buckle: 20/17 mm
- Buckle type: Triple folding clasp
- Buckle material: 5N 18kt red gold
- Buckle distinctive features:
- Engraved CORUM logo
- Opening and fastening system using 2 pushers