RJ-ROMAIN JEROME the Steampunk Chrono & the Titanic-DNA Cufflinks
See life in technicolour !
The Titanic-DNA collection welcomes five new colourful and sporty timepieces. Adopting all the signature aesthetic codes of the collection, the Steampunk Chrono Colours brighten up the Titanic-DNA collection with their retro-futuristic design. They have even inspired a new collection of accessories.
Housed within a 50 mm-diameter case, the Steampunk Chrono dispenses with a dial, thus enabling a clear view of its rough and raw finishes as well the rigorous sturdiness of its mechanism. The latter comprises over 330 parts and is held by four screwed pistons. This mechanical self-winding movement has been specifically developed for RJ-Romain Jerome and is endowed with a 42-hour power reserve. The polished steel used for the bezel contains authentic steel from the wreck lying 3,840 metres beneath the ocean, along with steel supplied by the Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast where the Titanic was built a century ago. The bezel and case in mirror-polished steel lend a new radiance to this model, while the inner bezel ring has been lacquered in a variety of bright colours : yellow, red, blue, green or orange.
The dial is enlivened at 6 o’clock by a mobile propeller driven by an oscillating weight and echoing the steady churning of the Titanic’s majestic propellers. A unique and innovative mechanism makes the propeller turn four times faster than the oscillating weight and always in the same direction, independently of the latter’s rotation direction. The minutes and seconds counters at 3 and 9 o’clock evoke the design of the ship’s manometers and thus pay tribute to its machinery as well as to the Steampunk style. The minutes counter hand and the overstitching on the black alligator leather strap also pick up the colour of the inner bezel ring.
Issued in 99-piece limited editions for each colour, all five also make a perfect fit with the brand’s line of accessories. On this occasion, the steel cufflinks appear in five new colour versions issued in two 99-piece limited series. Loyal to the spirit of the Titanic-DNA collection, a mobile propeller echoing the three propellers of the majestic ship has been placed on a steel disc that is yellow, red, blue, green or orange lacquered depending on the version and contains steel from the Titanic as for the bezels of the timepieces. It’s going to be a colourful summer at RJ-Romain Jerome !
- Steampunk Chrono Yellow - RJ.T.CH.SP.005.06*1
- Steampunk Chrono Orange - RJ.T.CH.SP.005.03*2
- Steampunk Chrono Red - RJ.T.CH.SP.005.01*3
- Steampunk Chrono Green - RJ.T.CH.SP.005.07*4
- Steampunk Chrono Blue - RJ.T.CH.SP.005.02*5
Limited edition 99 pieces (each ref.)
- Mechanical self-winding movement – Chronograph – RJ oscillating weight
- Frequency 28,800 A/h
- Jewelling 39 jewels
- Power reserve 42h
- Water resistance 30 meters
- Central hours and minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Chronograph : 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock
- Propeller engraving
- Polished steel paws
- Steel crown with yellow*1/orange*2/red*3/green*4/blue*5 rubber insert
- Bezel Polished steel containing authentic steel from the wreck, lying 3,840 meters below the water, and that supplied by the Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast, where the Titanic was built a century ago
- Dial integrated into the movement
- Inner bezel lacquered in yellow*1/orange*2/red*3/green*4/blue*5
- Beadblasted & satin-brushed rhodium coloured bridge with 4 steel pistons and beadblasted ruthenium coloured bearings
- Ruthenium coloured Roman numeral XII, "raw" finishing
- Ruthenium coloured & beadblasted mobile propeller at 6 o’clock which recalls the ship’s propellers
- Black & satin-brushed hours and minutes hands inspired by Titanic’s anchor
- Yellow*1/orange*2/red*3/green*4/blue*5 small second’s hand
- Strap Black alligator with yellow*1/orange*2/red*3/green*4/blue*5 stitches
- Buckle Steel
Retail price CHF 14,950.-* / EUR 13,950.-* / USD 15,950.-* / GBP 11,900.-*
All Titanic-DNA Colours cufflinks : Limited edition to 99 pieces / CHF 495.-* / EUR 450.-* / USD 600.-* / GBP 370.-*
*RJ-Romain Jerome reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.-