Louis Vuitton the Tambour Spin Time Regatta for Only Watch
A unique piece for Only Watch 2013
Louis Vuitton is proud to participate for the 4th time to the ONLY WATCH Auction by offering a unique TAMBOUR SPIN TIME REGATTA watch, designed in collaboration with Paul Pettavino and the Louis Vuitton team, as for the past 3 editions.
For this 2013 edition Paul has decided to change from the usual orange color into a blue and red color watch. Every detail has been chosen or designed by Paul, such as the gold boat hand engraved and covered with enamel, or the LV logo painted on the Damier canvas trunk that comes with the watch.
In 2010, Louis Vuitton introduced an innovative and playful way of reading the time with the Tambour Spin Time. Its secret: the hours are revealed by cubes rotating thanks to a unique and patented mechanism.
Building on this iconic movement developed and manufactured in La Fabrique du Temps Louis Vuitton enriched the Spin Time collection in 2012 with a model dedicated to regattas: the Tambour Spin Time Regatta. This innovative patented movement (LV156) offers two functions: chronograph and regatta 5-minute countdown; visually indicated on the dial by 5 rotating cubes.
Following the new America’s Cup rules of a regatta start in 5 minutes, the Spin Time Regatta allows the skippers and crew to position themselves in the best possible way on the starting line during the 5-minute countdown. At the same time, the chronograph’s 30-minute counter will leap rightward and move to the 5-minute countdown displayed in red in the counter. This way the minutes before departure are taken into account in the final measured time.
This LV156 movement also celebrates the longtime association of Louis Vuitton with the sailing universe. Louis Vuitton is the official partner of the America’s Cup since 1983 and official time keeper of the 34th edition that will take place in 2013 in San Francisco.
- 18K pink gold (148g)
- Crown and push buttons at 2 and 4 o’clock over molded with rubber
- Diameter: 45.5mm
- Thickness: 16mm
- Back: Monogram engraved + ONLY WATCH 2013 N°1/1
- Water resistance: 100m
- Blue sunray effect dial set with 18K gold applied indexes and numerals and with a hand-engraved 18K gold boat, designed by Paul Pettavino (sail & flag are made of 18K white gold hand covered with white enamel with a blue and red LV logo, Hull made of pink gold hand painted with Paul’s name in red)
- 18K pink gold hours and minutes hands.
- Red chronograph hours and minutes hands
- ONLY WATCH printed in red, between 10:00 and 12:00 on the flange.
- LV156 Automatic Manufacture Calibre developped and assembled in house at La Fabrique du Temps Louis Vuitton
- Functions: 12-hour chronograph, 5-minute regatta countdown indicated by the 5 rotating cubes
- Diameter: 35.5mm
- Thickness: 9.83mm
- Number of components: 360
- Power reserve: 48 hours
- Oscillations: 28 800 per hour
- Jewels: 35
STRAP & BUCKLE:
- Strap: blue alligator with red stitching
- Buckle: 18K pink gold folding
- Outside: Damier Ebene canvas with a hand painted unique Louis Vuitton logo surrounded by white ropes, designed by Paul Pettavino.
- Inside: Blue Microfiber + philosophic phrase written by Paul, embossed in red on a blue leather patch.