Girard-Perregaux the Cat's Eye Jewellery - Tourbillon with Gold Bridge
The trappings of fine watchmaking
A halo of light with a unique beating heart. Girard-Perregaux’s latest creation crystallizes the union of High Jewellery and Fine Watchmaking. Covered in more than 1,000 snow-set diamonds, the Cat's Eye Jewellery, Tourbillon with Gold Bridge flaunts a mother-of-pearl dial. It is the hallmark of Fine Watchmaking dedicated to women.
Without a doubt, the virtuosity of the Girard-Perregaux Manufacture thrives on boldness and freedom to innovate, creating an alchemy befitting the finest achievements and offering the most sophisticated watch. The Cat's Eye Jewellery, Tourbillon with Gold Bridge captivates with its case in white gold adorned with diamonds, its hand-engraved and carefully polished natural mother of pearl dial, and its Manufacture movement whose pedigree goes back more than 125 years.
The oval silhouette dons its Sunday best: more than a thousand carefully selected diamonds encrust the white gold case. Called "snow", this style of setting is mastered by very few artisans, and involves positioning the stones so as to leave nothing else visible apart from the crimping grains, playing with diameters to perfectly fit the curvature of the case. The setter works without a drawing, following his instinct and know-how, hollowing cavities in the gold one by one and fitting the stones individually as the work progresses. Three weeks are needed for the setting work, making every Cat's Eye Jewellery, Tourbillon with Gold Bridge a unique creation.
Complicit in this exceptional piece, the natural mother of pearl dial brings exclusive technology to its iridescent glints to create a pearl decoration. The striking optical effect gives life to the piece by capturing and reflecting light. At six o'clock the famous Tourbillon with the delicately hand-engraved gold Bridge presides majestically, powered by the GP09700 Manufacture movement. Boasting a minimum power reserve of 70 hours, the manually wound movement has 177 components decorated, fitted and assembled by hand. The back of the white gold case can accommodate a personalized engraving. An alligator strap with snow-set folding clasp adds the perfect finishing touch.
The new Cat's Eye Jewellery, Tourbillon with Gold Bridge is the latest addition to a collection founded in 2004, dedicated to women, and winner of numerous awards for its elegance and craftsmanship.
Ref. : 99498D53V701-KK7A
Case: white gold
- Dimensions: 38.40 mm x 32.90 mm
- Glass: anti-reflective sapphire
- Case-back: secured by 4 screws
- Water resistance: 30 meters (3 ATM)
- Case and folding buckle: min. 1,000 brilliant-cut diamonds
- Crown: 1 rose-cut diamond
Dial in natural white mother-of-pearl
- Raised pearl motif , hand polished
Girard-Perregaux Movement GP09700-0011
Mechanical, manual winding movement
- Diameter: 32.00 x 27.00 mm (14 1/4 ’’’ x 12 ’’’)
- Frequency: 21,600 Vib/h - (3 Hz)
- Power reserve: min. 70 hours
- Jewels: 20
- Number of components: 177
- Main Plate: rhodium-plated, circular-grained, with circular-grained and beveled hollows
- Bridges: Geneva stripes, polished edges
- Tourbillon bridge: in white gold, hand-polished and engraved, edges and top polished, hand-drawn stroke finishing for the sides and underside
- Balance wheel: variable inertia (with gold regulation screw)
- Functions: Tourbillon, hour, minute, small second on the tourbillon
White alligator leather strap
- Snow set white gold folding buckle