De Bethune the DB28 Skybridge - Only Watch
A unique piece for Only Watch 2013
An infinite expanse of the heavenly firmament stretches across its dreamlike face. Ancestral skills and the latest scientific breakthroughs meet and mingle under the impetus of David Zanetta and Denis Flageollet. They merge to make this timepiece a perfect summary of highly aesthetic ambition and peerless technical precision.
Skybridge embodies the entire repertoire of the Manufacture De Bethune.
While classically inspired in terms of its round shape, its 12 o’clock crown and its hunter- type back borrowed from pocket watches, the ultra-light mirror-polished titanium case of the DB28 with its distinctive floating lugs nonetheless proclaim the collection’s modern and indeed futuristic nature.
A nocturnal window on infinity, Skybridge features a whole host of astonishing shimmering effects, in turn brilliant or intensely radiant with the blue that has been a House signature for the past eleven years.
An eminent reference to the famous 18th century clocks, this star-studded sky in mirror- polished and blued titanium derives its power and beauty from its concave shape and its multiple decorations crafted in the company workshops in the village of L’Auberson. The spherical moon-phase display is accentuated by an arrow-shaped bridge that appears to be pointing towards infinity.
Two flame-blued and mirror-polished steel hands gracefully sweep across a constellation delicately highlighted by a minute circle.
The heart of this immensity is sprinkled with white gold and diamond stars. Topped with hour- markers resembling tiny suspended spheres, these sparkling splendours lend a sense of timeless depth to the celestial canopy.
- hours – minutes – moon phase
- Mechanical hand-wound
- Calibre DB2105
- Power reserve: 6 days
- Grade 5 titanium – diamètre 43 mm with a 45 mm titanium bezel
- Attachments: floating lugs* in grade 5 titanium
- Back: transparent
- Dial : De Bethune star-studded sky in blued mirror-polished grade 5 titanium encrusted with white gold and diamond stars
- Polished steel spherical hour-marker
- Hands : blued and mirror-polished steel
- Extra-supple alligator leather with pin buckle
- Movement : mechanical hand-wound
- Functions : hours – minutes – spherical moon-phase indication at 12 o’clock
- Diameter 30mm – 236 parts – hand-crafted finishing and decoration – entirely mirror-polished blued steel
- Self-regulating twin barrel*
- Silicon/palladium balance wheel – balance-spring with flat end curve*
- Triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system*
- Spherical moon-phase indication*
- Silicon escape wheel*
- Jewelling : 27 jewels
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve: 6 days
* Manufacture De Bethune innovations and registered patents