VULCAIN the 50s Presidents' Moonphase
A FIFTIES TOUCH FOR A CONTEMPORARY TIMEPIECE
To celebrate the 60th anniversary of its iconic moonphase and complete calendar watch, Vulcain offers a contemporary interpretation of the Fifties spirit with its new 50s Presidents’ Moonphase watch. Elegance, understatement and classicism are nurtured by the original style to compose a model epitomising horological fine craftsmanship.
The history of the Manufacture Vulcain is filled with noteworthy creations, of which the 1953 complete calendar and moonphase model is a particularly striking example. Loyal to the historical model, the night star displays its cycles at 6 o’clock on the new 50s Presidents’ Moonphase, encircled by the date. The eminently readable minute track is even purer than in the past, while the dauphine-type hands maintain their original shape, thus accentuating the vintage spirit of this model. The day and month apertures stand out in the upper part of the sunburst dial, available in several shades – silver-toned, charcoal grey or blue – and setting a perfect stage for the rhodiumed or pink numerals and hour-markers. Framing this distinctive face is a 42 mm-diameter steel or rose gold case that is water-resistant to 50 metres. Its slender bezel is topped by a cambered, glareproofed sapphire crystal conferring an elegant sense of depth.
The beating heart of the 50s Presidents’ Moonphase is the bidirectional Vulcain Calibre V-58, equipped with hour, minute, seconds, moonphase and complete calendar functions. This precise and efficient mechanical movement oscillates at a frequency of 4 Hz (28,800 vibrations per hour) and has a 42-hour power reserve. Its finely crafted Haute Horlogerie finishes, including a Côtes de Genève motif, blued screws and a rhodiumed treatment, may be admired through the sapphire crystal case-back.
Available in black or chestnut brown versions, the Louisiana alligator leather strap fitted with an 18K rose gold or steel pin buckle sets the finishing touch and ensures a blend of refinement and wearer comfort.
A glowing tribute to the glorious Fifties that forged the legend of the Manufacture Vulcain, the 50s Presidents’ Moonphase revisits its past while heralding its future, offering vivid proof that time has no hold on timeless classics.
- Case: 5N 18K rose gold or 316 steel
- Case-back: sapphire crystal
- Dial: sunburst silver-toned with pink hour-markers, sunburst charcoal grey with rhodiumed hour-markers
- Diameter: 42.00 mm
- Thickness: 11.00 mm
- Glass: domed shape sapphire crystal
- Water resistance: 50 metres
VULCAIN SELF-WINDING CALIBRE V-58
- Movement: 11½ -ligne mechanical bidirectional self-winding, moonphase display, 25 jewels, 93 parts, 47° angle of lift, enriched with complete calendar model comprising 54 parts
- Decoration: rhodiumed treatment, Côtes de Genève, blued screws
- Functions: complete calendar, hours, minutes, centre seconds, large moonphase and date display at 6 o’clock day and month windows at 12 o’clock , correctors at 2, 4, 8 and 10 o’clock
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations/hour
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Strap: black or chestnut brown Louisiana alligator leather
- Dimensions: 22/18 mm
- Buckle: 5N 18K rose gold or steel pin buckle