BREITLING the Transocean Chronograph GMT
Beyond fashions, beyond oceans
The contemporary classic Transocean collection welcomes a new travel watch boasting unprecedented user friendliness. To mark the launch of this chronograph with a nomadic soul, Breitling is offering red gold or steel limited editions featuring an elegant guilloché dial and a transparent caseback revealing Manufacture Breitling Caliber B04.
Entirely developed and produced within the Breitling workshops, selfwinding chronograph Caliber B04 is distinguished by its ultra-pratical and innovative second timezone powered by a patented mechanism. When the user reaches another part of the globe, he need only pull out the crown and turn it forwards or backwards in one-hour increments in order to instantly adjust to the time and date of the new timezone – all the while maintaining a 24-hour home-time indication and without losing any precision in terms of the minutes display. This highly functional device, combined with a high-performance chronograph, joins the Breitling Transocean collection – a line with a pure design reflecting the spirit of long-distance journeys and luxury long-haul airliners. Issued in limited series of 200 in red gold and 2,000 in steel, the new Transocean Chronograph GMT features an elegantly understated case with a beveled bezel and slender lugs. It is distinguished by a silver or black guilloché dial adorned with applied hour-markers, finely recessed counters and the 18K gold interpretation of the B initial that served for many years as the brand symbol. The transparent sapphire crystal caseback – a rarity for Breitling – provides a chance to admire the architecture of Manufacture Breitling Caliber B04, chronometer-certified by the COSC (Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute), as indeed are all Breitling movements. Timeless elegance, peerless performance, unrivaled userfriendless: exactly the kind of qualities required to cross fashion trends and ocean expanses with enduring style and panache.
- Manufacture Breitling Caliber B04, officially chronometer-certified by the COSC, selfwinding, high-frequency (28,800 vibrations per hour), 47 jewels.
- Over 70-hour power reserve.
- 24-hour 2nd timezone display.
- 1/4th second chronograph, 30-minute and 12-hour totalizers.
- Steel (2,000-piece limited series) or 18K red gold (200-piece limited series).
- Water-resistant to 100 m/10 bars (330 ft).
- Convex sapphire crystal, glareproofed on both sides.
- Diameter: 43 mm.
- Guilloché silver or black.
- Barenia leather, crocodile leather/Ocean Classic (steel mesh, steel version only).