HUBLOT unveils the 'Snow Leopard Maria Höfl-Riesch' Big Bang
Hublot has always had close links with the mountains and skiing. This is, of course, due to its origins and the fact that Swiss culture is so firmly entrenched in its values, but also due to its close links with the world of sport in general … The rapport between the skier Maria Höfl-Riesch and Hublot's management, Jean-Claude Biver and Ricardo Guadalupe, in October 2010 was immediate.
Since then, Hublot has paid homage to the brand's ambassador, who is at the peak of her sport – double Olympic Champion and Double World Champion - by creating a "Snow Leopard" Big Bang for her in snow-white ceramic, featuring a dial set with 8 diamonds and limited to 50 pieces. It was unveiled to coincide with the Baselworld trade fair during a special press conference on 26th April 2013, attended by Maria Höfl-Riesch, Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman and Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO of Hublot.
Maria Höfl-Riesch explained why she specifically chose this model: "The snow leopard is my favourite animal, as we have such similar characters. It is a solitary creature, but a fighter, and it emanates this calm strength. Sadly, they are at risk of extinction and there are now just a few remaining. I am delighted that Hublot has created a watch inspired by this animal - and the fact that it bears my name fills me with pride".
Hublot has built close links with competitive skiing. By 2011, the brand was already the "Official Timekeeper" of the Alpine World Ski Championships at Garmisch Partenkirchen. It also supports the world's greatest cross-country skier, Switzerland's own Dario Cologna, and has also formed a partnership with Verbier SPORT+ (Ski school and TéléVerbier), the Tourist Office in Zermatt and the Courchevel Ski Schoolto encourage the passing on of expertise, thus reaffirming its strong attachment to the values of sharing and respect.
Ref. : 341.HX.7717.NR.MRI13
Series Limited edition of 50 pieces numbered from No 01/50 to No 50/50
- Case Big Bang – 41 mm diameter – White ceramic
- Bezel White ceramic with 6 H-shaped titanium screws; embedded, polished and locked
- Dial Leopard print with 8 yellow diamond bezel-settings
- Hands Rhodium-plated, faceted and polished
- Crystal Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel Lug White composite resin
- Lateral Inserts White composite resin
- Case-back Steel – Signature of Maria Riesch on the sapphire crystal
- Crown Steel with white rubber insert
- Push-pieces Steel with white rubber inserts
- Water resistance 10 ATM or approximately 100 metres
- Movement HUB4300 Automatic mechanical chronograph
- Strap Snow leopard print denim, stitched onto white rubber
- Clasp Steel deployant buckle