HAUTLENCE Origine Collection - the Destination 01,02 and 03
LA CHAUX-DE-FONDS, April 2013 – The HAUTLENCE watch brand from Neuchâtel springs a surprise at the Baselworld International Watch and Jewellery Show by presenting a first line under its recently launched “Signature” label. Drawing inspiration from the House style codes while reinterpreting them, DESTINATION addresses cosmopolitan watch lovers by offering a complication that is a first for the brand: a dual time-zone indication.
HAUTLENCE has thus far equipped all its models with in-house developed and assembled calibres under the “ATELIER” label. While the development of its own movements is an integral part of the brand DNA and will continue to be so, HAUTLENCE has made no secret of its interest in external cooperative endeavours on certain lines. Under the “SIGNATURE” commercial label, the brand now offers series-produced models driven by externally sourced movements. DESTINATION, presented at Baselworld 2013, is the first line to carry this label.
Picking up the original HAUTLENCE characteristics (architectural DNA, pure lines and a 3D spirit), while asserting its own more accessible style, DESTINATION is equipped – for the first time in brand history – with a self-winding movement sourced from an external partner, and thus able to offer new functions: the hours and minutes are complemented by a large date and a 12-hour dragging dual time-zone display, revealed by a 24-hour day/night indicator.
The interplay of discs and reading indications through transparency effects is an integral part of the brand spirit; to achieve this, the movement was modified in comparison with its standard execution – a process that involved altering the day/night indication and adapting the hand cylinders.
For this first line to appear under the “Signature” label, HAUTLENCE has opted for a mechanical self-winding Soprod 935I/A10-2 movement. Housed in a titanium case, this calibre adorned with circular Côtes de Genève is protected by an opaline base dial topped by a sapphire intermediate dial on which the Arabic numerals appear to be floating weightless – a recurrent feature of HAUTLENCE designs. The base dial is composed of several elements, including the large date bridge engraved with the brand name, as well as a central ring bearing the minutes markings. A small opening in the case-back provides a chance to view the regulating organ and the oscillating weight. The back is also engraved with the characteristics of this line: the name “DESTINATION”, the series number, the time zones of 12 main cities, along with technical specifications and the brand-specific inscriptions “HAUTLENCE” and “Horlogerie Suisse”. The hand-sewn, rolled-edge strap is made of square-scale Louisiana alligator leather.
Intended both for brand aficionados and for a more eclectic clientele, DESTINATION is issued in numbered, non-limited series. It comes in three versions, available from autumn 2013 onwards:
Destination 01 : opaline black dial with “Clous de Paris” hobnail motif, sapphire intermediate dial, steel case with black DLC coating and 18-carat 5N red gold
Destination 02 : opaline silver-toned dial, intermediate sapphire dial, grade 5 titanium case
Destination 03 : opaline black and honeycomb-motif dial, sapphire intermediate dial, case with black DLC coating
Destination 01 *1
Destination 02 *2
Destination 03 *3
- Soprod 9351/A10-2, hour, minute, large date, dual-time indication, day/night indicator, automatic winding system.
- Hour, minute, large date, dual-time indication, day/night indicator.
- Calibre description: Soprod 9351/A10-2, hour, minute, large date, dual-time indication, day/night indicator, automatic winding system.
- Power reserve: 42 hours;
- Regulation organ: 28,800 vibrations/hour
- Number of jewels: 25;
- Finishing: circular Côtes de Genève.
- Middle case: Titanium with black DLC coating / grade 5 titanium*2;
- Lugs, bezel, crown and screws: 18-carat 5N red gold*1
- Glass: sapphire crystal, multi-layer anti-reflective treatment;
- Back: fine-brushed grade 5 titanium / polished steel 316L*3. 6 screws, engraved with the inscriptions "HAUTLENCE", "Horlogerie Suisse" and "Destination 01" / "Destination 02"*2 / "Destination 03"*3, time-zone indications, technical information and numbering; visible regulating organ and oscillating weight;
- Dimensions: 37 x 43.5 x 13 mm.
- Dial: black opaline and "Clous de Paris" / opaline silver-toned*2 / opaline black and honeycomb-motif*3 base dial, sapphire intermediate dial with applied hours, indexes and logo, HAUTLENCE engraved on the large date bridge;
- Flanges, bridges, hour numerals, indexes, logo and screws: 5N gold-plated / rhodium-plated*2, polished and/or sunburst;
- Hour numerals, indexes, logo and screws: rhodium-plated, polished;*3
- Flanges and bridges: black DLC-coated, sunburst;*3
- Minute and hour hands: 5N gold-plated and white SLN / rhodium-plated and blue SLN*2 / rhodium-plated and orange SLN*3;
- Dual-time indication: transferred sapphire disc;
- Day/night indicator: 5N gold-plated, white and black SLN / rhodium-plated, white and blue SLN*2 / rhodium-plated, black and orange SLN*3 (green reflection for day zone and blue reflection for night zone).
- Strap: black hand-sewn genuine Louisiana alligator leather with square scales;
- Pin buckle: titanium with 18-carat 5N red gold plate / titanium with steel plate*2 / titanium with black DLC-coated steel plate*3.
- 30 metres (3ATM)
Black leather box containing:
- Identification plate
- Special leather travel box
- Watchmaker’s magnifying glass
- Instruction booklet
- Warranty card (3 years)
PRICE (INCLUDING TAX) CHF 30,000.- / CHF 20,000.-*2 / CHF 22,000.-