TAG Heuer the Carrera MikroPendulumS
AN EXCLUSIVE TAG HEUER PATENTED TECHNOLOGY: THE FIRST EVER MAGNETIC DOUBLE TOURBILLON
By far the most intricate and iconic complication of Haute Horlogerie, a tourbillon is a mechanical system for regulating the speed at which a watch beats: it overcomes the effects of gravity by placing the balance wheel and escapement inside a rotating cage. Until the TAG Heuer Carrera MikrotourbillonS launch last year, tourbillons were only made because of the beauty of the mechanism: they were considered ‘novelty’ features, slow and imprecise showcase of ornate complexity. The TAG Heuer Carrera MikrotourbillonS changed that overnight--it was faster and more accurate than any tourbillon ever made.
Now the brand has taken the technology a step further.
The TAG Heuer Carrera MikroPendulumS is a TAG Heuer Carrera MikrotourbillonS with 2 magnetic Pendulums replacing the hairsprings, one for telling time and one for timekeeping. Composed of 454 working components and based on unique TAG Heuer-patented technology, its watch chain turns at 12Hz and its chronograph chain turns at 50Hz (60 minutes power reserve). The chronograph tourbillon, the world’s fastest, controls the 1/100th of a second, beats 360,000 an hour and rotates 12 times a minute.
The case is forged from a revolutionary material, a chrome and cobalt alloy used in aviation and surgery. It is fully biocompatible, harder than titanium, easier to shape and as luminous as white gold. The case design, with its stopwatch-like placement of the crown at 12 o’clock, is based on the 2012 Aiguille d’Or winner, the TAG Heuer Carrera Mikrogirder, and the Carrera 50 Year Anniversary Jack Heuer edition. The two tourbillon Pendulums and their solid rose gold bridges (18K 5N) are visible through the fine-brushed anthracite dial. The hand applied “100” at 12 o’clock is also in solid rose gold. The chronograph minutes counter is at 12 o’clock, chronograph seconds at 3, and the chronograph power reserve at 9. The 1/100th of a second scale appears on the silver flange. The strap is hand-sewn anthracite grey alligator, very high-tech in style and soft to the touch.
This is a spectacular showcase of Swiss craft and TAG Heuer savoir-faire. The Baselworld unveiling of the brand’s latest concept piece has become a “can’t-miss” moment among watch lovers. The new TAG Heuer Carrera MikroPendulumS is sure to give them a lot to talk about.
- Fine brushed anthracite dial featuring 2 counters
- Chronograph minutes counter at 12 o’clock
- Chronograph second counter at 3 o’clock
- Chronograph power reserve indicator at 9 o’clock
- Two tourbillons pendulums visible from the front with solid rose gold (18k 5n) bridges
- Hand applied solid rose gold (18k 5n) “100” at 12 o’clock
- Polished anthracite hour and minute hands with luminescent markers
- Polished central 1/100th of a second chronograph hand
- Polished chronograph hands (minute at 12 o’clock and second at 3 o’clock), and power reserve hand at 9 o’clock.
- Hand applied TAG HEUER logo
- Carrera mikropendulums lettering
- 1/100th of a second scale on the silver flange
- Case diameter: 45mm
- Sandblasted, fine brushed and polished chrome-cobalt (Cr-Co)
- Double antireflective curved sapphire crystal
- Fine brushed titanium grade 5 push buttons at 11 and 1 o’clock
- Titanium grade 5 crown with overmolded rubber at 12 o’clock
- Sapphire case back
- Water-resistance: 100 meters
- Hand-sewn anthracite high-tech soft touch integrated alligator strap
- Titanium folding clasp
- 454 Components
- Movement Dimensions
- Total diameter: 35.8 mm (15 3/4’’’)
- Total height: 9.82mm
- 2 tourbillons pendulums :
- Watch: 86’400 vibrations per hour/ 12 hertz / 3 tourbillon rotations every minute – 71 components
- Chronograph: 360’000 vibrations per hour/ 50 hertz / 12 tourbillon rotations every minute
- 75 Jewels
- Power Reserve
- Watch: 24 hours
- Chronograph: 60 minutes
- Properties Of Display
- Central hand 1/100th of a second chronograph
- Chronograph minute at 12 o’clock
- Chronograph second at 3 o’clcok
- Cower reserve at 9 o’clock
- Mechanical Features
- 1/100th second chronograph function
- 2 tourbillons pendulums
- Automatic bi-directionnal rewinding system