De Bethune the DB25 LT Tourbillon
The classic watch from De Bethune
It is through drawing inspiration from centuries of history as well as artistic and horological culture that De Bethune uses state-of-the-art technologies to create timepieces in which aesthetic and technical aspects merge into a unique whole, and form meets function. All in pursuit of a subtle balance between simplicity, readability and chronometer-worthy precision.
It is in this spirit that the round DB25 watch evokes a pure design with lines inspired by the decorative arts. The drum-shaped case with its imposing 44 mm diameter is built on a set of superposed rings of various sizes, giving it a sense of substance while remaining exquisitely light.
Lightness is also the distinctive feature of the slender lugs openworked adorned with a cone-shaped motif and featuring a sloping design that accentuates the roundness of the object and ensures a perfect fit on the wrist.
The cold tones of platinum are combined with 5N rose gold and a hand-guilloché dial embellished with radiating motifs crafted in the finest classical tradition.
As if literally floating in space, the spherical De Bethune moon sits delicately enthroned at 12 o’clock and opens a symbolic window onto the cosmos. Entirely mirror-polished and composed of half-spheres meticulously set into blued steel and palladium, this three-dimensional indicator is driven by a high-precision mechanism requiring only one adjustment ever 122 years.
The subtle nature of the polished steel, flame-blued hands lies as much in the delicacy of their lines as in their slightly curved shape that is required to help them glide smoothly over the moon at 12 o’cloc.
Alongside the classic features such as a triangular bridge adorned with Côtes de Bethune, the back of the DB25 LT nonetheless displays a strong contrast with its avant-garde mechanism powered by a 30-second silicon and titanium tourbillon with its balance-wheel oscillating at 36,000 vibrations per hour, making it one of the fastest and lightest in the watch industry with its 57 components weighing just 0.18 grams in all.
Collectors and devotees of Fine Watchmaking will appreciate the refined elegance of a classic timepiece, as well as the discreet pleasure of wearing a powerful and resolutely technical high-precision movement.
- Hours – minutes – spherical moon-phase indication at 12 o’clock -– tourbillon with 30-second indication on the back at 9 o'clock
- DB 2519 calibre – mechanical hand-wound movement
- Platinum, drum-shaped – diameter 44 mm – thickness 12,5 mm
- Attachments: fixed and hollowed lugs
- Glass: sapphire crystal, 1800 Vickers with double anti-reflective treatment
- Crown: at 3 o’clock – adjustable in 2 positions
- Back: open – sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective treatment
- Dial: hand-guilloché rose gold – De Bethune star-studded sky in mirror-polished flame-blued steel inlaid with yellow gold stars with spherical moon-phase indicator in palladium and flame-blued steel at 12 o’clock
- Hands: curved, in hand-polished flame-blued steel
- Extra-supple alligator leather strap with pin buckle
DB 2519 calibre
- Mechanical hand-wound movement
- Functions: hours – minutes – spherical moon-phase indication at 12 o’clock – tourbillon with 30-second indication on the back at 9 o'clock
- Diameter 30 mm – 354 parts – hand-crafted finishing and decoration – Côtes De Bethune – chamfered and hand-polished steel components
- Self-regulating twin barrel*
- Silicon/white gold balance wheel – balance-spring with flat terminal curve* De Bethune 30 ‘’ silicon/titanium
- Tourbillon 36,000 vph *
- Spherical moon-phase indication*
- Silicon escape-wheel*
- Jewelling: 27 jewels
- Frequency: 36,000 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve: 4 days
*Manufacture De Bethune patents and innovations