ORIS the Aquis Depth Gauge
Diving Reaches New Depths
Renowned for producing specialist diving watches, Oris is proud to introduce the new Oris Aquis Depth Gauge. At the forefront of mechanical watch innovation, Oris has harnessed its knowledge, expertise and craftsmanship to produce the first divers watch which measures depth by allowing water to enter the timepiece.
Revolutionising the world of professional diving, where safety and protection are paramount, Oris' engineers have applied the Boyle Mariotte Law to the patented Oris Aquis Depth Gauge.
The special sapphire crystal, 50% thicker than an average top glass, features a channel milled into the side which runs anticlockwise round the dial, stopping between one and two o'clock. At 12 o'clock, a inlet leads to this channel. Expertly crafted, the join between the crystal and the case is sealed by a rubber gasket.
On descent, the air inside the channel is compressed by the surrounding water pressure, allowing water to enter through the inlet at 12 o’clock. The edge, in light grey and dark grey, differentiates between water and compressed air on the scale around the outside of the dial, indicating depth while descending or ascending.
Diver safety is crucial, and Oris' innovative depth gauge ensures accurate depth measurement. The indicator benefits from no inertia, not delaying the accurate and actual depth indication –particularly useful in decompression breaks in lesser depths.
The stainless steel case showcases an instrument look design, featuring a unidirectional revolving top ring, with black ceramic inlay. Water-resistant to 500m the Oris Aquis Depth Gauge marks a technical breakthrough in depth measurement, setting a new standard in diving watches.
Oris Aquis Depth Gauge
Ref. No. 733 7675 4154 Set, Ø 46.00mm
- Automatic Oris movement 733 with date window at 6 o'clock
- Stainless steel case, water-resistant to 50 bar/500 metres
- Unidirectional revolving top ring with black ceramic inlay and minute scale
- Sapphire crystal, domed and antireflection coated on both sides, features a milled channel for depth gauging and a yellow metre scale
- Rubber strap and metal bracelet as alternative
- Set includes waterproof case, separate metal bracelet and tools
- Swiss Retail Price CHF 3,000.00/Set