2013/04/02 (Pre-BaselWorld 2013)
Bell & Ross the AVIATION Collection the BR01-97 Climb
A GRAPHIC STYLE INSPIRED BY THE VARIOMETER or CLIMB
Bell & Ross designers have borrowed the graphic characteristics of the climb to create an original and innovative display of time.
- The frame reflects the style of the original instrument. Instead of the variometer, a power reserve indicator allows the user to measure remaining power, which is vital for the smooth functioning of the movement. This indicator is yellow, contrasting with the black of the dial and the other time information. The date is also displayed in a window at 3 o’clock.
- The typeface of the graduation is reminiscent of CLIMB. Since it only has one white hand, the hour hand has been darkened to render the best imitation of the original instrument.
- The hands and the digits are covered in a white photo luminescent coating, contrasting with the black of the dial, and echoing the legibility principles of professional aviation instruments.
- The anti-glare, matt black carbon finish of the case is inspired by the color of an instrumentation panel, designed to make the dials easier to read by eliminating glare.
A. Power reserve indicator - B. Minute hand - C. Date - D. Hour phantom hand - E. Second hand
BR 01-97 CLIMB
- Movement: ETA 2897 mechanical automatic.
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- 46mm diameter
- Black PVD* steel finish
- Screw-in crown
- Date window at 3 o’clock
- Yellow power reserve indicator at 9 o’clock
- Hands, index markings and date window covered in a photo-luminescent coating.
- Glass: sapphire crystal with anti-glare coating.
- Water-resistance: 100 meters.
- Straps: rubber and heavy-duty synthetic fabric.
*PVD : Physical Vapor Deposition