2013/04/02 (Pre-BaselWorld 2013)
Bell & Ross the AVIATION Collection the BR01-92 Airspeed
DESIGN THAT ENHANCES LEGIBILITY
Bell & Ross designers have borrowed the graphic characteristics of the anemometer, or airspeed, to create an original and extremely legible display of time.
- To enhance legibility, the hour, minute and second graduations have been separated to promote the minutes on the main dial – as in the original instrument –, while the hours are displayed in the center.
- The three colors that indicate levels of criticality in the original instrument – green, white and yellow – also appear on the watch dial and indicate the zones by quarters of an hour.
- The hands and index marks are covered in a white photo luminescent coating, contrasting with the black of the dial, echoing the legibility principles of professional aeronautical instruments.
- The anti-glare, matt black carbon finish of the case is inspired by the color of an instrumentation panel, designed to make the dials easier to read by eliminating glare.
A. Hour hand - B. Minute hand - C. Second hand
BR 01-92 AIRSPEED
- Movement: ETA 2892 mechanical automatic.
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds.
- 46mm diameter. Black PVD* steel finish
- Screw-in crown
- The hour, minute and second graduations have been separated, with the minutes in white on the main dial, and the hours in the center in yellow
- Seconds are read on the outer raised dial
- The three colors of the original instrument – green, white and yellow – are used on the raised dial and indicate quarters of an hour
- The index marks and hands have a photoluminescent
coating for nighttime reading
- Glass: sapphire crystal with anti-glare coating
- Water-resistance: 100 meters
- Straps: rubber and heavy-duty synthetic fabric
*PVD : Physical Vapor Deposition