2013/03/22 (Pre-BaselWorld 2013)
SPERO LUCEM the Minute Repeater "La Clémence" Tourbillon
Firmly anchored in the Eaux-Vives district of Geneva, a stone’s throw from Lake Léman and its famous Jet d’eau, the Spero Lucem brand has been created through a rare association of horological competencies. Yvan Arpa thereby orchestrates a sincere tribute to his home town and has named the brand’s first model, a minute repeater “La Clémence” – after one of the bells on Geneva’s cathedral. Equipped with a tourbillon with a carriage performing one turn per minute, this exceptional model houses a third and unprecedented complication in the shape of hands which “go crazy” when the striking mechanism is activated.
Everything is done to ensure a complete focus on the sound, but suddenly the visual magic takes over once more and the hands return to their correct place. A brand that aspires to light… Spero Lucem.
- Mechanical hand-wound, flying tourbillon, 471 parts, 59 jewels, 21,600 vib/h,
- 90-hour power reserve
- Hours, minutes, crazy hands and minute repeater
- 18k gold, 44 mm or two-tone titanium (case middle and crown) and 18k gold (bezel, back and repeater slide), circular satin-brushed finishes
- Sapphire crystal and back
- Off-centred hour and minute indication at 12 o’clock with polished gold
- Flying tourbillon at 6 o’clock
- Hand-sewn crocodile, with titanium buckle and 18k gold logo