HUBLOT Big Bang Depeche Mode
Depeche Mode and Hublot – a fusion of
talent and passion for a Big Bang
to benefit charity: water!
It’s about incredible personalities and exceptional talents in diverse fields coming together for a shared cause. It’s about the will and determination to create a global event that will make a meaningful difference.
Depeche Mode and Hublot announced together in Berlin on March 18th, 2013, a fundraising initiative to benefit charity: water, a non-profit bringing safe drinking water to the developing world.
This unique initiative is part of the Depeche Mode 2013-2014 Delta Machine Tour.
As Charity Partner, Hublot has designed a watch especially for this history-making collaboration: the Limited Edition Big Bang Depeche Mode.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each watch will go directly to charity: water.
The Big Bang Depeche Mode will be launched with an international advertising campaign to coincide with the band’s 2013 summer European tour.
Berlin, 18 March 2013 – In a special event held today in Berlin, Hublot and Depeche Mode announced a special charity partnership to benefit charity: water, a non-profit bringing safe drinking water to the developing world. Depeche Mode and Hublot have a history of joining forces to support charities. In 2010, Hublot and Depeche Mode raised funds for the Teenage Cancer Trust with a benefit show at London’s Royal Albert Hall and a unique auction: an auction of 12 exclusive boxed sets, each containing a Hublot watch, a ‘pièce unique’ with the cover of one of Depeche Mode’s 12 studio albums on its dial, along with the vinyl and digital version of each album, a golden framed CD and autographed stills. This year, Hublot and Depeche Mode agreed to work together on a larger scale, to benefit charity: water, an organization strongly supported by the band.
charity: water’s founding purpose is to bring safe drinking water to people in developing countries around the world. Nearly 800 million people (nearly 1 out of every 9 people worldwide) lack access to safe drinking water – an epidemic-level problem charity: water is committed to solving. To date, they have funded over 8,100 water projects, providing access to clean, safe drinking water to more than 3.2 million people in 20 countries. And through the partnership announced today, Hublot and Depeche Mode have expressed their shared commitment to make charity: water’s global impact even greater.
The announcement was made today by Depeche Mode, Hublot Chairman Jean-Claude Biver and Scott Harrison, founder and CEO of charity: water.
Asked about the partnership, Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore stated, “I have personally been a supporter and advocate of charity: water for a while now, so I’m thrilled that we as a band can expand our support for the organization and help to make significant difference in places around the world struggling without a proper supply of drinking water.”
Jean-Claude Biver added: “No Water, no Life! Water is life and water should be available to everybody. Nobody should suffer from a lack of water. That’s why we try to help to share water. Sharing water means sharing life and sharing love.
Scott Harrison concluded: "charity: water is honored to build a multi-faceted partnership with Hublot and Depeche Mode over the next year. The support of these two amazing partners will help bring clean, safe drinking water to thousands of people in developing countries while driving awareness about the water issue on a global scale."
This unique collaborative effort aims to break the record set in 2010. For this reason, Hublot designed not just 12 watches, but an exclusive series of 250 timepieces: the Limited Edition of Big Bang Depeche Mode.
Striking in black ceramic, it thoroughly embodies the aesthetic of Depeche Mode while at the same time symbolizing the art of fusion that is the hallmark of Hublot. Part of the sales proceeds from each watch will go directly to charity: water. To coincide with the start of Depeche Mode’s Delta Machine tour, Hublot will launch an advertising campaign to raise awareness for the charity, along with the commercial launch of the Limited Edition Big Bang Depeche Mode timepiece. Throughout the tour, Hublot will have special events in store for Hublot customers and collectors at selected stops.
Ref. : 311.CI.1170.VR.DPM13
Limited series of just 250 numbered watches
- Case : “Big Bang” - Diameter 44 mm, made from micro-blasted black ceramic
- Bezel : "Clous Pyramide" decoration, made from black ceramic 6 black PVD titanium screws
- Crystal : Sapphire with interior anti-reflective treatment
- Bezel lug : Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts : Black composite resin
- Case-back : Open, sapphire crystal and black ceramic "Depeche Mode" and "Charity: Water" logo transfers
- Crown : Black PVD steel with black rubber insert
- Water resistance : 10 ATM, or approximately 100 metres
- Dial : Openworked, micro-blasted black skeleton
- Applique indexes in the form of Clous Pyramide decoration, micro blasted ruthenium
- Hands : Faceted and polished with black nickel coating, plus black SuperLuminova™
- Movement : HUB4214 Automatic mechanical Aerobang chronograph
- Components : 257 (Jewels: 27, Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour)
- Date : Rectangular window at 4.30
- Power reserve : Approx. 42 hours
- Bracelet : Heat moulded calfskin strap with Clous Pyramide shaped polymer resin injection / Sewn onto black rubber with black stitching
- Clasp : Microblasted black PVD steel deployant buckle