Maurice Lacroix the Pontos S Extreme
The art of keeping up with the times
The Pontos collection brilliantly combines Swiss watchmaking traditions and technical mastery with modern design. It gives contemporary shape to the passage of time, furnishing the mechanical precision it deserves.
The very epitome of rigorous expertise, the timepieces in this thoroughbred collection evoke a quest for artistic perfection, underpinned by contemporary refinement. Pontos time passes in a world of clean lines, firmly embedded in the twenty-first century. Its bold architectonic character emerges at first glance. Its mechanical heart lends substance and character. Dedicated to lovers of uncompromising watchmaking, the collection masterfully combines rigor and creativity. Seen as a whole, it perfectly symbolizes the aspiration of a brand for which technical innovation and artistic performance go hand in hand.
Two new models joined the Pontos stables this year. Equipped with self-winding mechanisms, they each illustrate the creativity of Maurice Lacroix in their own way. A sportier model, the Pontos S Extreme is made of Powerlite®, a new alloy used exclusively by Maurice Lacroix that lends it both durability and its light weight. The Pontos S Diver has been designed with the needs of professional divers in mind. The Pontos Chronographe and Pontos Day/Date models have been noticeably revitalized and this year are also available in a retro design with vintage accents.
Design and engineering, architecture and high technology, all come together in this Pontos range, which asserts its place in a world of openness, modernity and refinement. The collection bears the unmistakable Maurice Lacroix hallmark, transforming time into a way of life that does not accept compromise.
Pontos S Extreme
When traditional watchmaking is combined with high-tech solutions and materials, time takes on a whole new dimension. The Pontos S Extreme impresses from the very first glance. With its assured, self-confident, masculine look and sporty image, it is available in three different colors. Its automatic three-counter chronograph mechanism follows the rhythm of the oscillations of its ML112 caliber. Propelled into the innovative and high-tech world of fine watchmaking by its technical features, the special alloy used for these Maurice Lacroix timepieces reinforces the durability and makes the watches light weight.
Powerlite®. Exclusive to Maurice Lacroix, the material from which the Postos S Extreme watch case (both bezel and case middle) is made is an alloy of five elements: aluminum, magnesium, titanium, zirconium and ceramic. The crown and the push-buttons are made exclusively of titanium. The robustness, durability and also the light weight of this timepiece are irreproachable. Two limited editions models are available in, blue or khaki through the anodization process. A treatment used on metal surfaces tried and tested in the automotive industry, as well as aeronautics and architecture, anodization is an electrolytic chemical process through which color pigments are inserted directly into the pores of the material concerned. When modified in this way the structure of the metal is reinforced.
The Pontos S Extreme in black has a vibrant, sporty elegance that is strikingly contemporary. Designed by Henrik Fisker, who created many of the most emblematic BMW and Aston Martin cars, it embodies the power and determination of instruments that are authentic, mechanically irreproachable and envied by all. Another distinguishing feature of the Pontos S Extreme is a patent-pending mechanism which regulates time duration through the crown: linked to the chronograph's push-button, the mechanism activates a rotating bezel located inside the watch case to protect it from unintentional movement. The three counters occupy their positions on the dial in well-balanced harmony. Ensuirng perfect readability, the black sand-blasted dial is enhanced by hands, applied indexes and a rotating bezel that are all highlighted with luminescent material. A NATO strap adds the final touch to a watch whose strong character is matched only by its exceptional energy.
- New Powerlite® alloy case, sandblasted, with titanium case back
- Ø 43 mm diameter
- Available in black, khaki and racing blue
- Integrated pushers and tube in titanium
- Screwed crown in titanium water resistant 20 atm
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Case-back with titanium screws
- Black sun-brushed, snail counters
- Diamond cut, faceted, applied indexes, luminescent coating
- Diamond cut, polished applied counters
- All hands diamond cut, faceted, luminescent coating (beside sec. hand)
- Second and Minute hand matching color with inner rotating bezel and elapse time controller crown system
- Genuine leather strap with contrasting stitching
- NATO strap, light, comfortable, sporty with personalized standard buckle in titanium
- Stainless steel black PVD coated or titanium standard buckle to match case finish
Personalized Valjoux 7750 caliber, with guaranteed quality and precision
Self-winding caliber ML112 based on the Valjoux 7750 movement
- Functions :
- Hours, Minutes, Seconds indicated by central hands
- Small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Chronograph seconds indicated by a central hand
- 30-minute chronograph counter at 12 o’clock
- 12-minute chronograph counter at 6 o’clock
- Date indicated in an aperture at 6 o’clock
- Vibration: 28,800 vibrations per hour, 4 Hz
- Power reserve: 46 hours
- Jewels: 25
- Adjustments: 3 positions when fully wound and after 24 hours.
- Decoration: rhodium-plated movement