Maurice Lacroix the Pontos S Diver
The art of keeping up with the times
The Pontos collection brilliantly combines Swiss watchmaking traditions and technical mastery with modern design. It gives contemporary shape to the passage of time, furnishing the mechanical precision it deserves.
The very epitome of rigorous expertise, the timepieces in this thoroughbred collection evoke a quest for artistic perfection, underpinned by contemporary refinement. Pontos time passes in a world of clean lines, firmly embedded in the twenty-first century. Its bold architectonic character emerges at first glance. Its mechanical heart lends substance and character. Dedicated to lovers of uncompromising watchmaking, the collection masterfully combines rigor and creativity. Seen as a whole, it perfectly symbolizes the aspiration of a brand for which technical innovation and artistic performance go hand in hand.
Two new models joined the Pontos stables this year. Equipped with self-winding mechanisms, they each illustrate the creativity of Maurice Lacroix in their own way. A sportier model, the Pontos S Extreme is made of Powerlite®, a new alloy used exclusively by Maurice Lacroix that lends it both durability and its light weight. The Pontos S Diver has been designed with the needs of professional divers in mind. The Pontos Chronographe and Pontos Day/Date models have been noticeably revitalized and this year are also available in a retro design with vintage accents.
Design and engineering, architecture and high technology, all come together in this Pontos range, which asserts its place in a world of openness, modernity and refinement. The collection bears the unmistakable Maurice Lacroix hallmark, transforming time into a way of life that does not accept compromise.
Pontos S Diver
A professional diving instrument that is water-resistant to 600 meters, the Pontos S Diver reinterprets the defining characteristics of the Pontos S line by adding a vintage touch to the retro design. Easy to wear and easy to read down to the smallest detail, this watch has all the features that will attract lovers of the ocean depths.
A 43 mm diameter. Fashioned in stainless steel, the Pontos S Diver case is generously proportioned. Designed to professional specifications, it includes the essential requirement for a diving watch, a helium escape valve system at 9 o'clock that is completely automatic. Before returning to the surface to breathe in fresh air, professional divers first pass through a decompression chamber. There they breathe in a mixture of gases with a large proportion of helium, which can damage a watch by seeping inside it due to the pressure difference between the gas trapped in the chamber and the outside air. The Pontos S Diver's helium valve thus prevents any irreversible damage to the timepiece.
The black or opaline dial is fitted with applied indexes and hands highlighted with Superluminova, enabling divers to read the details that they require in even the deepest water. The hands, also highlighted by luminescent material, are further distinguished by their color. The minutes and seconds hands are outlined in red and a date display at 6 o'clock completes the watch's features. The timepiece is driven by the self-winding ML115 mechanical movement that oscillates at 4 hertz and has a 38-hour power reserve.
- Ø 43 mm, stainless steel case
- Sandblasted aluminum turning scale, matching dial finish
- Automatic helium escape valve at 9 o’clock
- Vertical brushed middle-case and side lugs, with polished bezel and facet on lugs
- Engraved case-back
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Water-resistant to 600 m (60 atm)
- Black sun-brushed or off-white opaline dial
- Applied indexes with large area of luminescent coating for excellent legibility when diving
- Diamond-cut hands with large area of luminescent coating for excellent legibility when diving
- Minute and second hands with red coating on tip
- Genuine leather strap or robust three-row stainless steel bracelet
- Extra NATO strap provided
- Stainless steel buckle on both straps provided
- Double security deploying clasp on metal bracelet
Automatic caliber ML115
- hours, minutes, seconds indicated by central hands
- Date at 6 o’clock
- Vibration: 28,800 vibrations per hour, 4 Hz
- Power reserve: 38 hours
- Jewels: 26
- Adjustments: 3 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
- Decoration: rhodium-plated movement