Hublot presents its "Jeans" watch collection
Nothing says summer fashion quite like stylish denim
Hublot did it! For the first time, a luxury watch brand has produced a collection of "Jeans" watches. And we haven't settled for any old denim: The dials and straps are made by an Italian denim manufacturer who supplies the world's biggest luxury and fashion names.
Based on an idea by Tina Zegg, the collection comprises three ladies' "Big Bang Jeans" watches and one ultra-technical men's diving watch, the "Oceanographic 4000 Jeans", all of which incorporate a detail of Dsquared denim from Tina Zegg.
You can almost feel the summer breeze in the faded blue of the denim. This won't be the year that jeans make their exit from the fashion world. An accessory that has remained on trend since its creation, jeans are still an essential fashion item. Chic, rock'n'roll, sexy, boho, vintage, urban, authentic, tie-dye... denim is whatever you want it to be, and an enduring wardrobe staple for men and women alike.
The launch of this collection, which combines fashion with the quality craftsmanship of Haute Horlogerie watches, took place on the 18th February 2013 at the Wellness Hotel Chasa Montana in Samnaun in the heart of the Swiss Alps (Zegg Hotels & Stores), and was attended by the German Double Olympic and World skiing champion, Maria Höfl- Riesch, a Hublot ambassador since 2011. She was joined by Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Hublot, and Tina Zegg and Carlo Cerlati of Zegg&Cerlati in Monaco.
The Oceanographic 4000 Jeans is a special edition exclusively created for Zegg & Cerlati boutiques, at Place du Casino in Monte Carlo, Ischgl in Austria and Samnaun in Switzerland. The Big Bang Jeans will also be exclusively available until the end of summer in Monaco.
- 301.SX.2710.NR.JEANS (limited edition of 250)
- 341.SX.2710.NR.1104.JEANS DIAMONDS set with diamonds (limited edition of 250)
- 341.SX.2710.NR.1901.JEANS CARAT set with baguettes (limited edition of 250)
- Case : Big Bang - Diameter 41 mm – Steel
- Bezel :
- Steel for the JEANS with titanium screw
- 18K white gold set with 48 baguette-cut sapphires for the JEANS CARAT
- Steel set with 114 diamonds (total weight 1.22 ct) for the JEANS DIAMONDS
- Crystal : Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel Lugs : Black composite resin - Lateral inserts in black composite resin
- Crown : Steel with black rubber insert
- Push-buttons : Steel with black rubber inserts
- Case back : Open in steel with sapphire crystal
- Water resistance : 10 A TM, i.e. approx 100 metres
- Dial :
- Denim vacuum-wrapped in epoxy and opaline-coloured counters
- Indexes set with 8 diamonds for a total weight of 0.14 carat
- Hands : Polished & rhodium-plated
- Movement : HUB4300 Mechanical automatic chronograph with date
- Power reserve : Approximately 42 hours
- Strap : Denim sewn onto black rubber with beige stitching and steel deployant buckle