Parmigiani Fleurier the Bugatti Super Sport Rose Gold
A NEW ADDITION TO THE PRESTI- GIOUS COLLECTION
TWO YEARS AFTER THE GREAT SUCCESS OF THE FIRST BUGATTI SUPER SPORT IN WHITE GOLD – UNVEILED IN AUGUST 2010 AT PEBBLE BEACH, ALONGSIDE THE CAR WHICH INSPIRED ITS DESIGN – THIS YEAR, PARMIGIANI FLEURIER PRESENTS THE MUCH-ANTICIPATED NEW MODEL IN ROSE GOLD
The Bugatti Super Sport movement, the expression of Parmigiani Fleurier’s fine watchmaking.
The manually wound Calibre Parmigiani 372 (power reserve of 10 days) was designed in two planes in order to match the contours of the new Bugatti watch. On the wrist, the movement of the watch is presented at a 90° angle. On the upside, the balance and escape wheel bridges form an arc, reminiscent of the Bugatti oval. The balance is entirely visible, as is the circular bridge of the power reserve, calibrated to 10 days and placed in the centre.
As striking aesthetic characteristics, the train wheels are once again cut in the form of car wheels, the plate and its 10 bridges, designed and decorated in line with Parmigiani Fleurier’s exclusive codes, adopt the pillar system already used on the Calibre 370 to support the assembly. Six sapphire crystals reveal the 333 components of the Bugatti Super Sport, which is water resistant to 10 metres. The dial, made from black opaline with a gold base, a testimony to the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport, has transparent sections in the centre which allow a glimpse of the hour wheel.
The profile, signature of the Parmigiani Fleurier style.
The exceptionally slender profile of the Bugatti Super Sport may evoke the fuselage of a wing, but was in fact designed to reference the emblematic form of the case lugs of a Parmigiani Fleurier watch. Bugatti hence becomes the unmistakable signature of the Parmigiani Fleurier style, adorned with the symbolic curves of the brand. Extremely ergonomic on the wrist, the two articulated lugs on the front of the Bugatti Super Sport ensure wearer comfort. The case of the new Bugatti’s 18 carat rose gold case is designed to reflect the tension lines of the Bugatti Veyron’s wings.
Brushed or polished, the tapered surfaces and chamfers come to life in the light, enhancing the generous volumes of the piece. The watch’s aerodynamic curves, which are reminiscent of those on the 1200 bhp Bugatti Veyron, are matched with an integral Hermès strap specially created for the occasion.
Bugatti Super Sport, limited edition 30 pieces
- PF 372
- Hand-wound movement
- 10-day power reserve
- Two-plane calibre: height 15.96 mm, width 25 mm, length 37.01 mm
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 Vib/h
- 40 jewels
- Two series-coupled barrels
- Number of components: 333 “Côtes de Genève“ decoration, circular-grained, sand-blasted and hand-bevelled main plates
- Power reserve indicator
- Shaped case: 36.0 x 50.7 mm, height 22.7 mm
- Material: rose gold 18 ct
- Polished and satin-finished
- Water resistance: 10 m
- Six anti-reflective sapphire crystals
- Front and topside crystals metallised around the outer rim
- Unique dynamometric crown for time-setting and winding Individual number engraved on the case-back and “Edition limitée XX/30”
- Black opaline
- polished EB applique
- ovale applique black-gold
- Delta-shaped hands with luminescent coating
- Hermès alligator strap, rose gold folding buckle 18 ct with polished finish