Hautlence the Avant-Garde Retrograde : Round Version HLRQ
LA CHAUX-DE-FONDS, January 2013 – Following the launch of the HLQ line in 2009 and the HLQ Classic line in 2011, Neuchâtel watchmaker HAUTLENCE will use the GTE (Geneva Time Exhibition, 20-24 January) to unveil a brand new reinterpretation: The HLRQ. A more robust, athletic model, the HLRQ combines some of its predecessors' classic character with the bolder, more modern style of the AVANT-GARDE family which it joins as the latest addition.
Launched in 2012, the AVANT-GARDE line is HAUTLENCE's ready-to-wear collection designed to secure its future and expand its creative offering. The brand has created a stylish, powerful line from an alchemy of contemporary worlds, taking inspiration primarily from the curves and aesthetic codes of avant-garde design. The first HLRS models, which were unveiled in October 2012, were an immediate commercial success.
HAUTLENCE caused a stir 4 years ago when it launched the first round case in its history, the HLQ with a calendar, followed two years later by the more subtle HLQ Classic version. A fitting tribute to traditional watchmaking. This piece still bore all the brand's hallmarks, namely a house movement and a specific display of the time with jumping hours, retrograde minutes and instantaneous calendar.
For 2013, the brand has incorporated the codes from these lines, reinterpreting them in a dynamic way to produce a brand new version as part of the AVANT-GARDE family. Distinguished by its ultra-modern appearance, which makes it much more of a lifestyle model, the HLRQ has a bolder and more robust style than its predecessors. The 44 mm case, made from steel with or without a black and titanium DLC coating, is more imposing thanks to its larger horns. The sapphire dial – designed by the brand – lends transparency and depth, revealing the in-house mechanical hand-wound movement with its jumping hours and retrograde minutes (thanks to the famous HAUTLENCE connecting rods system) and its calendar. The impression of weightlessness is further enhanced by the overlapping discs which created a stepped effect.
Created in HAUTLENCE's Atelier d’horlogerie contemporaine, the HLRQ line is available as an unlimited series. However, it still features the same degree of excellence in its hand “Côte de Genève” and hand angled bridges. The first two models in this line will be available to purchase from summer 2013, in two different versions:
AVANT-GARDE - HLRQ02
Case in steel and titanium, sapphire dial. Alligator strap with titanium folding or pin buckle.
AVANT-GARDE - HLRQ03
Case in titanium and steel covered by black DLC, sapphire dial. Alligator strap with titanium folding or pin buckle.
AVANT-GARDE - HLRQ 02*
AVANT-GARDE – HLRS 03**
- HAUTLENCE in-house movement. Jumping hour, retrograde minute and jumping date. Manual winding mechanical movement, quick date corrector
- Jumping hours, retrograde minutes and quick date
- Movement description : Jumping hours, retrograde minutes with connecting rods system
- Number of components : 255
- Power reserve : 40h Regulation organ : 21’600 vibrations/hour
- Number of jewels : 24
- Finishing : Hand “Côte de Genève” and hand angled bridges Identification plate: HLRQ
- Matter: Steel 316cl and titanium grade 2
- Matter: Steel 316cl. covered by black DLC and black titanium grade 5*
- Case middle and Back : Titanium grade 2, circular fine-brushed*
- Case middle and Back : Titanium grade 5 and circular fine-brushed**
- Bezel, horn, crown and push-button : 316cl polished steel*
- Bezel, horn and push-button : polished steel covered by black DLC**
- Crown: 316cl polished steel with HAUTLENCE logo*
- Crown : polished steel covered by black DLC with HAUTLENCE logo**
- Dimension: Diameter : 44 mm / thickness : 12.5 mm
- Glass: sapphire crystal, multi layer anti reflecting treatment
- Back: 4 screwed sapphire case back with stamps and officials engraving: “HAUTLENCE” and “Horlogerie Suisse”
- Sapphire dial: Upper sapphire dial face with fixed logo
- Hours, minutes and indexes figures in polished rhodium galvanic growth and blue* / orange** superluminova
- “HAUTLENCE” in polished rhodium galvanic growth.
- Lower sapphire dial: shining rhodium metallization and semi-opaque black area and black DLC area
- Hour disc in transparent mineral glass with rhodium metalized hours figures and blue superluminova
- Minutes hands and blue* / orange** superluminova arrow
- Superluminova connecting rods, hand angled and linear fine brushed.
- Brown or black hand sewn genuine Louisiana alligator strap with square scales
- Interchangeability lugs
- Folding and pin buckle, titanium
- 30 meters (3ATM)
- Black leather box containing :
- Identification plate
- Special leather travel box
- Watchmakers magnifying glass
- Instruction booklet
- Warranty card (3 years)
PRICE (TAXES INCLUDED)
- Pin buckle : CHF 33’500.- / Folding buckle : CHF 35’000