Girard-Perregaux the 1966 Tourbillon with Gold Bridge
The inheritor of "savoir-faire" from the Fine Watchmaking Heritage
It embodies the wisdom of the major complications and the innate elegance of Haute Horlogerie watches. Girard-Perregaux’s new Tourbillon with Gold Bridge is the expression of a unique heritage. The tourbillon mechanism is a combination of the Manufacture’s expertise, tooled with the precision required by the Maison’s GP 09600 self-winding mechanical movement.
This creation is presented in two very limited editions – in both white and pink gold, to underline the piece’s exclusive nature. Its 40 mm diameter houses a silvered dial with sunburst-motif that harks back to the classic watches of the time. Four applied hour markers give aesthetic balance while the leaf-shaped hour and minutes hands fly elegantly over the dial. The tourbillon sits majestically at 6 o’clock.
Opulently decorated, each piece respects the sophistication of the work. The carriage is mounted with gold adjusting screws, and is chamfered and polished by hand, as are the escapement and pallet bridges. This new arrival features a tourbillon bridge fashioned in an unusual shape called “bassiné”, with rounded arms. The craftsman dexterously files the ends with regular movements to give them a soft, semi-cylindrical form, before finishing the work with traditional tools such as buffs, stones, diamond paste and boxwood sticks. Underpinning it all is the history of the Tourbillon with Gold Bridge and the Maison’s remarkable craftsmanship. The interior of the case houses the famous Girard-Perregaux caliber GP 09600 whose architecture and decorations are inspired by the pocket tourbillons of the nineteenth century.
This new Tourbillon with Gold Bridge dedicates its beauty and technical excellence to the Girard-Perregaux heritage and takes its rightful place among Haute Horlogerie’s finest creations.
- 99535-52-131-BKBA (pink gold, limited edition of 25)
- 99535-53-131-BK6A (white gold, limited edition of 5)
Pink or white gold case
- Bezel: satin-brushed with diamonds
- Diameter: 40.00 mm
- Glass: anti-glare sapphire
- Hands: in pink or white gold
- Crown: pink gold 5N18 or white gold with engraved GP logo
- Back: closed with 6 screws
- Water resistance: 30 meters
Girard-Perregaux self winding mechanical movement GP09600-0014
(pink gold), GP09600-0021 (white gold)
- Caliber: 12 ¾ ’’’
- Frequency: 21,600 Vph - (3 Hz)
- Power reserve: min. 48 hours
- Jewels: 31 rubies
- Number of components: 228
- Main plate: rhodium plated, circular-grained, circular-grained and beveled recesses
- Bridges: Geneva stripes, polished inside angles
- Tourbillon bridge: gold with rounded arms, hand-polished, polished corners, satin-brushed edges
- Balance spring: Philips terminal curve
- Balance wheel: variable inertia with gold adjustment screws
- Functions: Tourbillon, hour, minute, small seconds on the tourbillon
Strap in brown (pink gold) or black (white gold) alligator
- Pink or white gold pin buckle