De Bethune the DB16 Tourbillon Regulator
Classical Fine Watchmaking interpreted through a stunning ballet of horological complications finely choreographed by De Bethune.
David Zanetta and Denis Flageollet form a creative tandem that constantly surprises observers, as much by the technical mastery displayed in their timepieces as by their aesthetic genius revealed through countless subtle details.
The classic De Bethune case with its cone-shaped lugs has been modelled and shaped to house the quintessence of mechanical watchmaking produced using cutting-edge technologies, in keeping with the spirit of the great 18th century master-watchmakers.
The DB16 unites the classic codes of Fine Watchmaking, executed with chronometer- worthy precision stemming from the patents and innovations of the De Bethune research and development laboratory and combined with the skill of the artists and craftsmen exercising their talents within the Manufacture.
The contemporary architecture of DB2509 calibre is built around a 30” tourbillon in silicon and titanium, beating at a rate of 36,000 vph, one of the fastest and lightest in the watch industry, comprising 64 parts weighing a total 0.18 grams. This technical feat creates a strong contrast with the jumping seconds mechanism composed of a twin lever with four pallets driving two gold wheels marking off time with an unmistakable air of distinction. This movement is also equipped with a power indicator, a seconds indication, and a retrograde moon-phase indicator that facilitates setting the moon to the exact date.
Hidden on the back of the watch, this masterpiece surprises devotees of subtlety by leaving room for a classically understated dial on which the perpetual calendar and moon-phase displays are enhanced by the Manufacture’s characteristic silver-toned guilloché pattern. Enthralled by the soft, steady beat of the jumping seconds, connoisseurs will sense the very core of horological wonderment as they experience a unique form of ultimate and uncopromising beauty.
- hours – minutes – central jumping seconds – date at 6 o’clock – perpetual calendar indicating the day at 9 o’clock and the month at 3 o’clock – spherical moon-phase and leap- year indication at 12 o’clock – tourbillon with 30-second indication – power indication – age of the moon indication
- Mechanical hand-wound DB2509 calibre
- Power reserve : 4 days
- Distinctive shape, pink gold – diameter 43 mm (thickness 13.13 mm)
- Attachments : cone-shaped lugs
- Back : transparent – De Bethune Tourbillon 30” silicon/titanium 36,00 vph – central jumping seconds mechanism – retrograde age of the moon indicator – power-reserve indicator
- Dial : silver-toned, sunburst guilloché motif, with apertures indicating the day of the week at 9 o’clock and the month at 3 o’clock – 6 o’clock dial indicating the day of the month De Bethune star-studded sky in flame-blued steel encrusted with gold stars, featuring spherical moon-phase indicator in platinum and flame-blued steel at 12 o’clock
- Hands: curved, in hand-polished and flame-blued steel
- Extra-supple alligator leather strap with pin buckle
- Movement : mechanical hand-wound
- Functions : hours – minutes – central jumping seconds – date at 6 o’clock – perpetual calendar indicating the day at 9 o’clock and the month at 3 o’clock – spherical moon-phase and leap- year indication at 12 o’clock
- Power indication at 6 o’clock – tourbillon with 30-second indication – age of the moon indication
- Diameter 30 mm – 330 parts – hand-crafted finishing and decoration – Côtes De Bethune
- Self-regulating twin barrel*
- Silicon/white gold balance wheel – balance-spring with flat end curve*
- De Bethune 30” silicon/titanium tourbillon, 36,000 vph*
- Central jumping seconds*
- Silicon escape wheel*
- Spherical moon-phase indication*
- Retrograde age of the moon indication*
- Jewelling : 46 jewels
- Frequency: 36,000 vibrations per hour
- Power reserve: 4 days
* Manufacture De Bethune innovations and registered patents