RJ-Romain Jerome introduces an all new blacked-out Spacecraft mirroring the army’s anti-detection technologies. Unveiling a new bold and edgy look, the new timepiece recalls the aesthetic of stealth aircrafts such as the famous F-117 Nighthawk that flew through the skies unnoticed for over 20 years*.
The three masterminds behind this exciting project, Mr Manuel Emch, CEO of RJ-Romain Jerome, Mr Eric Giroud, internationally renowned designer and Mr Jean-Marc Wiederrecht, expert watchmaker, have created an unprecedented creative explosion. With its Darth Vador look, the unusual trapeze-shape timepiece features a black, matt facetted, PVD-coated titanium case. Form and function are perfectly aligned and give time reading a whole new dimension: the hour display is revealed on the slice of the case with an orange indicator and is read laterally. The minute indicator is featured on a black rotating disc with an orange cursor on the top of the case.
The futuristic watch beholds a unique mechanical self-winding movement that has been exclusively developed for RJ-Romain Jerome by Geneva-based manufacturing facility Agenhor. It combines four different complications – lateral, linear, jumping and retrograde – which is unprecedented and represents the most complicated indication of time ever made. To finish off the complication, the time-setting has been designed as a screw-lock crown at 12 o’clock.
Exclusive to this stealth edition, a black and orange buffalo leather cuff has been designed to embrace the new Spacecraft. The watch now adapts to the wrist perfectly with its fitted leather cuff. The orange leather half of the strap recalls both the hour and the minute indicators giving an additional sporty look to the watch.
Limited to 25-pieces, the new Spacecraft Black will empower its wearer with a sense of cosmic freedom reserved to all stellar Easy Riders. Once again, RJ-Romain Jerome offers a new way of reading time and explores a new sense of creativity.
- Caliber RJ2000-A – Mechanical self-winding movement
- Frequency 28,800 v/h
- Jewelling 54 jewels
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Water resistance 3 atm (30 meters)
- Functions Linear, retrograde and jumping hour indicated by an orange-lacquered cursor
- 50 x 44, 5 x 32.85 mm
- Black PVD-coated titanium
- Beadblasted black PVD-coated titanium plates
- Anti-reflective metallised sapphire crystals
- indication Dragging minute black disc with white indicators
- Metallised lateral sapphire crystal with black transferred hour indicators
- Hands Hour indication by orange indicator with Superluminova C1
- Crown Black PVD-coated titanium screw-lock crown, beadblasted, engraved RJ logo
- Strap Black buffalo strap with orange stitching and titanium pin buckle
Retail price CHF 23,900.-** / EUR 23,500.-** / USD 29,500.-**
**RJ-Romain Jerome reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.