The Multifort family, created by the watchmaker Mido in 1934, is being reinforced by the arrival of two new resolutely masculine models: the sporty Multifort Two Crowns Steel, in satinated and polished steel, and the elegant Multifort Two Crowns Brown with its satinated and polished steel case, complete with rose PVD treatment. Water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft), these two robust timepieces feature a rotating flange and a folding clasp bracelet with diving extension – attributes that make it an indispensable accessory for all diving enthusiasts. Many of the details on the Multifort Two Crowns evoke the Sydney Harbour Bridge and its once revolutionary architecture.
Launched in 1934, two years after the completion of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Multifort collection shares the same remarkable features of this magnificent structure, and above all its perfect balance of functionality and aesthetics. It is a combination that has truly stood the test of time, as Mido is about to celebrate 80 years of continuously manufacturing the Multifort – one of the longest production runs in Swiss watchmaking history.
Building on this exceptional longevity, Mido has enriched the iconic collection with this pair of Two Crowns models for men, specially designed for diving enthusiasts. Two ultra-robust timepieces equipped with an automatic movement of proven accuracy and a rotating flange, whose first quarter is treated with Super‑LumiNova®. In a nod to Mido’s visual identity, orange Super-LumiNova® was chosen for the Multifort Two Crowns Steel. In addition to their width (42 mm) enabling perfect readability while diving, it is the two screwed crowns that are the real distinguishing hallmarks of these two distinctive, resolutely masculine and sporty timepieces. The first, at 2 o’clock, enables the flange to be adjusted to measure diving time, while the second at 4 o’clock is used for setting the time and winding. The hands are vertical satinated and are treated with Super‑LumiNova®, as are the indexes, ensuring maximum reading comfort both underwater and at night. In order to increase readability, an anti-reflecting sapphire crystal, treated on both sides, protects the dial.
A mark of true design, the Multifort is the perfect combination of technical performance and aesthetic qualities: the satinated and polished steel case on both models surrounds a dial decorated with vertical Geneva stripes evocative of the hangers of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The robust character of these two steel models and the rivet-like dots on the dial are all nods to this spectacular building – a symbol of all-conquering modernity. Through the transparent caseback, connoisseurs of fine watchmaking can admire the elaborate automatic movement decorated with blued screws and the oscillating weight adorned with Geneva stripes and engraved with the Mido logo. Both models feature a bracelet with folding clasp and diving extension, in stainless steel (Multifort Two Crowns Steel) or brown rubber (Multifort Two Crowns Brown).
This model is also available with a black PVD-treated steel case, black and orange dial, and black rubber strap.
- Automatic ETA 2836-2, 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, height: 5.05 mm, 25 jewels, 28,800 A/H, INCABLOC and NIVACOURBE shock-absorber, NIVAFLEX NO mainspring, NIVAROX II balance-spring. Finely decorated elaborate movement with blued screws, decorated oscillating weight with Geneva stripes and engraved Mido logo. Function HMSD+Day. Adjusted on 3 different positions for a high accuracy. Min. 38 hours power reserve.
- Satin-finished and polished stainless steel 316L (Multifort Two Crowns Steel), with rose PVD treatment (Multifort Two Crowns Brown), Ø42 mm, 2 pieces, sapphire crystal with an anti-reflecting treatment on both sides, screwed crowns and case back, crown at 2 o’clock for setting the rotating flange, crown at 4 o’clock for setting the time and winding, transparent case back to see the finely decorated and elaborate movement, engraved serial number, water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m / 660 ft).
- tainless steel 316L (Multifort Two Crowns Steel) or brown rubber strap (Multifort Two Crowns Brown) and stainless steel (Multifort Two Crowns Steel) folding clasp with rose PVD treatment (Multifort Two Crowns Brown) and diver extension.
- Anthracite (Multifort Two Crowns Steel) or brown (Multifort Two Crowns Brown), vertical Geneva stripes, indexes with white and orange (Multifort Two Crowns Steel) or only white (Multifort Two Crowns Brown) Super-LumiNova®, day and date at 3 o’clock.
- Vertical satin-finished, with white and orange (Multifort Two Crowns Steel) or only white (Multifort Two Crowns Brown) Super-LumiNova® for easy readability at night and underwater.