Up to 60 hours power reserve for a timepiece equipped for every challenge
Innovation, accuracy and robustness are the hallmarks of the Multifort Chronograph Caliber 60. This all-steel model is designed for the toughest sportsmen thanks to its new automatic chronograph movement. The Caliber 60, exclusive to the Swatch Group, boasts up to 60 hours of power reserve. Water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bars (200 m / 660 ft), this reliable and ultra-resistant watch ensures perfect readability, underwater and at night, thanks to the generous use of Super‑LumiNova® on the dial and the rotating flange. Enough to convince divers everywhere. Its anthracite dial, decorated with vertical Geneva stripes, recalls the suspension of Sydney Harbour Bridge, a construction that symbolises architectural modernity at the beginning of the 20th century.
Launched in 1934, two years after the Sydney Harbour Bridge was completed, the Multifort collection shares the structure’s remarkable qualities – a perfect blend of functionality and beauty. A truth that has stood the test of time, as this year Mido celebrates the 80th anniversary of Multifort production, making this one of the longest-produced series in the history of Swiss watchmaking.
The Multifort Chronograph Caliber 60 marshals plenty of arguments to win over not only the toughest sportsmen but the most hardened divers. Built to rise to every challenge, its robust satinated, polished steel case houses a state-of-the-art chronograph movement, the Caliber 60, exclusive to the Swatch Group, boasting up to 60 hours of autonomy. This automatic movement was designed according to the exacting standards of Mido, who have developed a high-precision tool of proven reliability in the Multifort Chronograph Caliber 60. Equipped with a rotating flange whose top right quarter is treated with orange Super‑LumiNova®, the Multifort Chronograph Caliber 60 is water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bars (200 m / 660 ft). Its broad 44 mm diameter and its indexes treated in Super‑LumiNova® ensure perfect readability of the time and diving time, whatever the conditions.
The five crowns and pushpieces on the case testify to the unique design and resolutely masculine character of the Multifort Chronograph Caliber 60. The crown located at 3 o’clock is for setting the time and winding, while its counterpart at 8 o’clock facilitates the adjustment of the rotating flange. Two pushpieces at 2 o’clock and 4 o’clock activate the chronograph functions, while the pushpiece at 10 o’clock enables the date to be rapidly corrected. These five pushpieces and crowns are screwed down in order to guarantee maximum security. The two counters are positioned at 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock. The window at 6 o’clock indicates the date.
The sleek elegance of the Multifort Chronograph Caliber 60 draws its inspiration from the powerful contours of the Sydney Harbour Bridge: the vertical Geneva stripes and dots that adorn the anthracite dial are a nod to the suspension and rivets of the famous structure. Several touches of orange recall Mido’s visual identity: on the two chronograph pushpieces, the rotating flange, the counter hand at 3 o’clock and finally the tip of the 60-second counter at the centre. The vertical satinated and nickel-plated hands are treated in white and orange Super‑LumiNova®, as are the indexes, ensuring maximum readability underwater and at night. In order to improve the readability still further, an anti-reflective sapphire crystal, treated on both sides, protects the dial.
Thanks to the transparent case back, enthusiasts of fine watchmaking can admire the elaborate automatic movement, decorated with blued screws, as well as the oscillating weight adorned with Geneva stripes and the engraved Mido logo. This model is equipped with a bracelet with folding clasp and a diving extension, in stainless steel.
Two versions of this model are available, each with a black rubber strap. The first boasts a steel case and a silver-toned dial. The second has a black PVD-treated steel case, with a black dial and touches of blue on the rotating flange and hands.
- Automatic chronograph Mido Caliber 60 (ETA A05H31 base), 13¼’’’ Æ30.00 mm, height 7.90 mm, 27 jewels, 28,800 A/H, NIVACHOC A3 shock-absorber, ANACHRON-ETASTABLE balance-spring, NIVAFLEX NM mainspring. Finely decorated elaborate movement with blued screws, decorated oscillating weight with Geneva stripes and engraved Mido logo. Adjusted on 3 different positions for a high accuracy. Up to 60 hours of power reserve.
- HMS + Chrono + Date
- Time: hour and minute hands. Small second indicator at 9 o’clock.
- Chrono: 60 second counter from centre, 30 minute counter at 3 o’clock.
- Date at 3 o’clock.
- Satin-finished and polished stainless steel 316L, Ø44 mm, 3 pieces, sapphire crystal with an anti-reflecting treatment on both sides, screwed crowns, pushers and case back, crown at 3 o’clock for setting the time and winding, crown at 8 o’clock for setting the rotating flange, pusher at 2 and 4 o’clock for activating the chronograph functions, pusher at 10 o’clock for rapidly correcting the date, transparent case back to see the finely decorated and elaborate movement, engraved serial number, water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m / 660 ft).
- Stainless steel 316L and stainless steel folding clasp with diver extension.
- Anthracite, vertical Geneva stripes, snailed anthracite counters, with white and orange Super-LumiNova®, date at 6 o’clock.
- Vertical satin-finished, with white and orange Super-LumiNova® for easy readability at night and underwater.