CAN YOU HANDlE IT?
open the door, climb inside and turn the key. Feel the power as you press the throttle. look ahead and accelerate towards the horizon with increasing speed as you are thrust backwards, deeper into your seat. Beneath the bonnet lurks the prodigious power of a supercharged engine.
a powerful engine has a seductive allure for many thrill seekers. a car engine fitted with a supercharger subjects air to increased pressure. this air, enriched with oxygen, causes fuel to burn more readily, creating more power and delivering greater performance. this provides the perfect metaphor for a new red-blooded timepiece, the Maurice lacroix PontoS S Supercharged.
the question is, “Can you handle it?”
Many timepieces are bought by individuals who wish to express their own personalities with bright and youthful styling cues. this latest bold timepiece from Maurice lacroix, the PontoS S Supercharged, is a good-looking watch that fuses contemporary aesthetics and sporty lines.
Presented in a large, 48mm diameter case, the PontoS S Supercharged makes a strong statement about its wearer. this is a cool timepiece, a street-racer, made for those who seek performance in all aspects of their lives.
a brushed and polished stainless steel case featuring red and white detailing, set against a contrasting black dial background, provides a vibrant option for the would-be buyer.
alternatively, buyers can choose the stainless steel anthracite PVd case with its sexy black exterior, made more noticeable by the brilliant appearance of the yellow and white hands, indexes and inner rotating bezel.
the bezel and crown have a knurled finish, inviting fingers to explore their delightful tactility.
A WATCH TO BE SEEN
the large case diameter provides a generous canvas on which to display the various functions of the Supercharged. the highly legible display imparts information succinctly when you wish to focus on the task in hand.
luminous diamond-cut hands point to the hours and Minutes. the colour of the Minute hand matches the hue depicted on the inner rotation bezel.
the applied, diamond-cut indexes frame the central dial area. in restricted light, they luminesce with a beguiling blue shade.
a chronograph function includes a central stop-watch seconds hand, 30-minute register and a 12-hour counter. at 9 o’clock, a small seconds display features on the dial and a date window resides opposite.
the patented “elapsed time Controller”, an inner rotation bezel, is adjusted using the crown at 2 o’clock. it features yellow or red details dependent on the model selected.
a laser-decorated calf leather strap, with rubberised leather parts and matching yellow or red stitching, infuses the watch with eye-catching appeal that is hard to ignore.
A LARGE ENGINE BEATS WITHIN
the PontoS S Supercharged features a large engine behind the screwed down caseback. indeed it is one of the largest available, measuring 37.32mm (16½ lignes). the personalised eta Valgranges is a self-winding movement, known for its reliable and precise operation.
Rhodium plated, decorated with circular graining and a straight Côtes de Genève motif, the finishing of the movement stands testament to quality Swiss manufacturing.
in some instances using a small movement within a large case results in dial details appearing too close to each other. Selecting a large movement for the Supercharged has ensured an optimum layout for the dial display.
LIFE IS FOR LIVING
Whether you choose to live life in the fast lane or not, the PontoS S Supercharged is a watch that is ideally suited to daily life. it is made for those who seek performance, assertive aesthetics and a reliable engine. Most of all it is made for wearers who choose to take control of their life with a watch that makes a statement that life is for living.
You do not have access to view this Atom.
PT6009-SS001-330 automatic movement Ml140 Ø 48 mm stainless steel case
PT6009-PVB01-330 automatic movement Ml140 Ø 48 mm stainless steel case
- Ø 48mm, stainless steel case
- Black sanblasted turning scale ring with red or yellow indications
- Vertical brushed middle-case and lugs sides, with polished bezel and facet on lugs
- engraved case-back
- domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Screwed case back
- Water resistance to 200 m / 20 atm
- Black/green sandblasted finish
- applied circular-brushed counter ring
- Patented “elapsed time Controller”
- applied diamond-cut indexes featuring Superluminova (blue emission)
- all hands diamond cut, faceted, luminescent coating (except sec. hand)
- Second and minute hand matching colour with inner turning scale and elapsed time Controller crown system
- laser-decorated calf leather strap with rubberised leather parts and matching yellow or red stitching
- Stainless steel standard buckle to match case finishing
- Hours and Minutes indicated by central hands
- Small Second at 9 o’clock
- Chronograph seconds indicated by central hand
- 30-minute chronographe counter at 12 o’clock
- 12-hour chronograph counter at 6 o’clock
- Date indicated in an aperture at 3 o’clock
- Vibration: 28,800 alt / h 4Hz
- Power reserve: 46 hours
- Jewels: 25
- Adjustments: 3 positions after full winding and after 24 hours
- Decoration: Rhodium-plated, circular graining, Côtes de Genève (straight stripe)