The immaculate purity of time
To mark its 180th anniversary in 2011, the Manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre honoured its founder Antoine LeCoultre by dedicating an exceptional thin watch to his memory: the Master Ultra Thin Jubilee watch. This creation with its case measuring a mere 4.05 mm thin represents an extraordinary technical feat that makes it one of the slimmest watches in its category. In 2014, the Master Ultra Thin line welcomes two new models featuring a blend of mechanical perfection, elegance and the ultimate expression of horological minimalism: the Master Ultra Thin 1907 and the Master Ultra Thin Grand Feu.
This extraordinary combination of audacity, prestige and proven precision continued throughout the 20th century and asserted itself with renewed and self-evident strength in the early years of the new millennium with the introduction of the Master Ultra Thin line.
The extra-slim pink gold case of the Master Ultra Thin 1907 watch is shaped like a knife-blade, a design that ensures en even thinner profile. The engineers and watchmakers of the Manufacture meticulously studied each movement component and each case element in order to save precious millimetres at each stage of production. Nonetheless, at no stage does this asceticism compromise beauty. Loyal to its history of which one part was written in the City of Light and the other in the splendid isolation of the Vallée de Joux, the Manufacture well knows that the watchmaking art represents both a technical and an aesthetic accomplishment. The minimalist philosophy behind the Master Ultra Thin 1907 watch is thus expressed in a 39 mm-diameter case designed to smoothly embrace the curve of any wrist. This relatively modest size required the Jaeger-LeCoultre specialists to achieve even greater feats in designing and building a Fine Watchmaking movement able to fit within such a comparatively small case.
The dial of the watch is the aesthetic embodiment of this horological minimalism. Two dauphine-type hands sweep smoothly over the grained white dial punctuated by baton-type hour-markers that are doubled at 3, 6 and 9 o’clock. The minutes dots between two hour- markers are dusted with pink gold, while the Jaeger-LeCoultre signature topped by the JL logo appears at 12 o’clock. After a slow and gentle process of maturation, horological essentials are thus expressed in a few concise lines – a privilege that remains the exclusive preserve of true masters. The Master Ultra Thin 1907 watch comes with an alligator leather strap secured by an 18-carat pink gold pin buckle.
- Q129 25 20, Master Ultra Thin1907
- Q129 35 E1, Master Ultra Thin Grand Feu
- Mechanical manually-wound movement, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 849, crafted assembled and decorated by hand
- 35-hour power reserve
- 21,600 vibrations per hour
- 123 parts
- 19 jewels
- 1.85 mm thin
- Master Ultra Thin 1907: white, grained, hour-markers and traditional minute circle
- Master Ultra Thin Grand Feu: white Grand Feu enamel, hour-markers and traditional minute circle
- Dauphine-type for the Master Ultra Thin 1907
- Rhodiumed leaf-type for the Master Ultra Thin Grand Feu
- Hours and minutes
- Master Ultra Thin 1907: 18-carat pink gold, 4.05 mm thin
- Master Ultra Thin Grand Feu: 18-carat white gold, 5.04 mm thin
- 39 mm in diameter
- Polished finish
- Water resistance: 3 atm
- Master Ultra Thin1907: alligator leather, 18-carat pink gold pin buckle
- Master Ultra Thin Grand Feu: alligator leather, 18-carat white gold pin buckle