It is the aptly named "Spirit of Big Bang".
And indeed, it embodies the spirit of BIG BANG. It features the BIG BANG codes with its 6 H- shaped titanium screws through the watch bezel, the lugs on either side, the two strap attachments, Hublot's famous hands and the SuperLuminova™-filled baton indices offering superb legibility, and the overmoulded rubber screw-down crown with the iconic letter H adorning its profile.
It is a BIG BANG which has been designed with a unique case construction employing an intelligent "sandwich" principle which – playing with materials and colours – enables an unlimited number of combinations; the design of the case middle with its satin-finished sides and micro-blasted areas gives the timepiece a sophisticated look, making it one of a kind in the Big Bang range.
It also employs the same principle of the fusion of materials with titanium, ceramic, King Gold (18 K gold with 5% platinum which gives it a deeper red colour, and which is, in fact, more precious), along with rubber and alligator skin.
Here we find Hublot's pure DNA, but in a different, brand new form. This is the aptly named SPIRIT OF BIG BANG: Hublot has unveiled a brand-new BIG BANG with a tonneau case.
The beating heart of the piece is the new Hublot HUB4700 movement, redesigned through close collaboration between Hublot and Zénith teams; based on a Zénith El Primero chronograph "chassis" with date (frequency 5 Hz, 36,000 beats per hour, 278 components, 31 jewels), this movement has historically been regarded by purists as one of the best Swiss chronographs ever developed.
Given the full Hublot makeover in terms of its architecture and finishes, this automatic skeleton movement with a 50-hour power reserve can be appreciated thanks to its sapphire dial which reveals the full beauty of the skeleton mechanism including its date disc. It also provides greater assurance against counterfeiting.
The watch features a date window positioned at 4.30, a central chrono seconds hand and three timers at 9 o'clock (seconds), at 3 o'clock (30 minutes) and a small one at 6 o'clock (hours); the whole piece is completed by an alligator strap stitched onto rubber for comfort, flexibility and improved durability. The timepiece is available in black or brown, depending on the version (there are 4 different versions in total). The watch is water resistant to 100 metres.
In short, this is a timepiece with a new shape and a new movement, but it is still 100% true to its Hublot DNA.
Invalid Scald ID.
SPIRIT OF BIG BANG
- 601.NX.0173.LR (SPIRIT OF BIG BANG TITANIUM)
- 601.NM.0173.LR (SPIRIT OF BIG BANG TITANIUM CERAMIC)
- 601.OX.0183.LR (SPIRIT OF BIG BANG KING GOLD)
- 601.OM.0183.LR (SPIRIT OF BIG BANG KING GOLD CERAMIC)
- Tonneau case – New "Spirit of Big Bang" design
- Dimensions 51 mm X 45 mm
- Titanium, Titanium Ceramic. King Gold 18 K, or King Gold 18 K Ceramic
- Satin-finished black ceramic or titanium 6 o'clock/12 o'clock polished side
- 6 H-shaped matt titanium screws, countersunk, polished & locked
Crystal Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective coating and Hublot logo
Bezel lugs Black composite resin Lateral inserts Black composite resin
Crown King Gold or satin-finished Titanium with black overmoulded rubber Hublot logo
Push-pieces 18 K King Gold or satin-finished Titanium with black rubber insert
- 18 K King Gold or satin-finished Titanium
- Sapphire crystal with interior anti-reflective treatment
Water resistance 10 ATM, i.e. approx. 100 metres
- Counters at 9 o'clock (seconds) and 3 o'clock (minutes)
- Small counter at 6 o'clock (hours)
- Matt rhodium-plated, white SuperLuminova™ indices
Hands 5N gold-plated or satin-finished rhodium-plated, white SuperLuminova™
- HUB4700 Automatic skeleton chronograph movement
- Zénith El Primero base given a pure Hublot look.
Date Black date window at 4.30
- Special "Spirit of Big Bang" design
- Black satin-finished tungsten
Power reserve Approximately 50 hours
Strap Black or brown alligator leather stitched onto black rubber
Clasp Titanium or King Gold deployant buckle