Yesterday evening in London at the Hublot Boutique in New Bond Street, Ricardo Guadalupe, CEO of Hublot, presented Roy Hodgson, the Manager of the England National football team, with a watch that has been created and named in his honour. The Hublot King Power 66 Hodgson is a Limited Edition of 66 pieces to commemorate the year that England won the World Cup. The idea was hatched from Roy’s son Christopher who also collaborated with Hublot on the design of this amazing piece. The presentation was followed by a tour and a dinner at the House of Commons that was attended by Hublot VIP customers.
Christopher Hodgson: “Dad and I are massive fans of the Hublot brand, and their extraordinary vision, fusion of materials, and marketing expertise is truly amazing, and one of the great success stories. It is a proud day for me personally to make this project a reality with my Father as the ambassador for this unique ‘66 piece’, and a legacy from me to him of sorts. My deep gratitude to Mr JC Biver, and my friends Ricardo Guadalupe & Rick de La Croix for their support, and believing in the Hublot King Power 66 Hodgson!”.
Paying tribute to the famous Manager, Hublot has developed a King Power especially for the football fans, equipped with a chronograph movement featuring two chronograph hands positioned in the centre in addition to the hour and minute hands. This makes it easier to read and therefore quicker and more efficient. The wearer can keep track of both hands at a glance; the first indicates the seconds, and the other hand, specially developed when watching a game, indicates the time elapsed out of the 45 minutes in each half. With a sapphire dial, the movement – here in an Aero Bang version - features an exquisite new skeleton movement to reveal even more of the working parts of the watch and its fine mechanics. The topside retains only the material necessary for it to function. This is coated with black ruthenium for a beautiful overall effect of homogeneity, and clearer reading. A minute track, a time counter at 9 o'clock and a date window at 4 o'clock all feature on the predominantly white and red piece, which is stamped with the famous English flag.
Much attention has been lavished on the King Power case, which is 48 mm diameter in highly shock-resistant black carbon fiber. The moulded black rubber crown made of King Gold is flanked by two push-buttons in red and white rubber. In a final reference to Roy Hodgson, and adding an attractive touch to the piece, the caseback is engraved with the English victory emblem and has the Manager’s signature. Each watch comes with three interchangeable straps, alligator and rubber, red, white and black with deployant buckle.
Hublot is continuing to strengthen its presence in the world of professional football. The first luxury brand to become involved in football in 2006, Hublot has since then worked in close collaboration with FIFA as Official Timekeeper and Official Watch of the FIFA World Cup™ - the countdown has already started in Brazil, visible to all on the giant Hublot clocks designed by the celebrated architect Oscar Niemeyer and installed on Copacabana beach, Rio de Janeiro, in Brasilia and in Sao Paulo. Also the Official Watch of Euro 2012, Hublot now works very closely with a number of famous clubs, including Bayern Munich in Germany, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus Turin in Italy and Ajax Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Roy Hodgson joined the Hublot family a few years ago, and came to visit the Hublot factory in Switzerland last year with his family. He joined the group, friends, ambassadors of Hublot including Pelé, Mourinho, Falcao to name a few in the football field.
- Case King Power - Diameter 48 mm in black carbon fiber
- 18K King Gold with black rubber moulding
- 6 H-shaped relief black PVD titanium screws
- Crystal Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel lug Black composite resin Lateral inserts
- Black composite resin
- Case-back Open – Black carbon fiber
- Crown Black PVD titanium, with black rubber insert
- Push-piece Black PVD titanium with white and red rubber moulding
- Water resistance 10 ATM or approximately 100 metres
- Dial Sapphire with English flag at 3 o'clock, Roy Hodgson’s exclusive signature and date window at 4 o'clock
- Hands Satin-finished, black nickel with blue luminescent coating
- Movement HUB4245 skeleton chronograph with central 45’ counter, Mechanical self-winding
- Power reserve Approximately 42 hours
- Strap Interchangeable adjustable black rubber strap with white or red or black alligator
- Black PVD titanium deployant buckle
- Micro-blasted black ceramic decorative plate