2014: "Time" line goes Pilot!
The Jumping Second Pilot – the star of 2013 and winner of the prestigious Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Geneve – is the inspiration behind the new, sportier version of the current basic models at Habring².
The dial with its characteristic illuminated numbers coupled with a fully satinised stainless steel case is reminiscent of the service watches of the 40s and 50s. Whilst the Time-Date Pilot with its matt-black dial and easily readable large date at the three o'clock position remains loyal to the design of its grandfathers, the two new variants of the Time-Only with galvanized dials in grey and blue are completely new interpretations of the "everyday watch".
All share the same Habring² "tractor" in the form of the tried and tested A09 calibre available both as a handwound model (A09M) and the exclusive, double-effect, automatic winding system (A09).
The pilot's watch models are sportier versions of the classic Time-Only und Time-Date models that remain in the program.
A few technical details of the "Time" pilot watches by Habring²:
Habring² A09 or A09M movements:
- Hours and minutes, small second at 9h (A09D with date at 3h)
- Manual (A09M) or automatic winding mechanism (A09)
- Shock-proof pursuant to DIN and NIHS
- 15 rubies (A09M) or 21 rubies (A09)
- 48-hour power reserve when fully wound
- 64 (A09) or 57 (A09M) service-relevant components
- Matt stainless steel, three screwed parts, titanium case available on request
- Waterproof to the depth equivalent of 50 metres
- Concave sapphire glass, non-reflective coating on both sides, negative pressure protection
- Double-sealed crown, sapphire glass base
- Engraved selective serial number 01 – 2013 (year of manufacture) to 12 – 2013 between the lugs at 6 o'clock
- Matte black galvanized silver dial with appliqué numbers and hour indices with Superluminova coating or galvanized blue or galvanized grey dial with appliqué numbers and hour indices with Superluminova coating
- Polished, galvanised thread hands with Superluminova coating
- Choice of various leather and micro-fibre watch straps
- Three-part wooden case made of brushed and oiled Douglas pine (”Oregon Pine”) with built-in spare parts holder and spare parts set
- Time Only Pilot, handwound, 2.850 euro
- Time Only Pilot, automatic, 3.150 euro
- Time Date Pilot, automatic, 3.550 euro