With the Perpetual Calendar Black Edition, H. Moser & Cie. ventures into new territory.
Recognized for its ingenious in-house calibres and elegant approach to Haute Horlogerie, H. Moser & Cie. starts 2014 with a bold new take on traditional watchmaking. The dark elegance of the Perpetual Calendar Black Edition is the first in a series of developments from H. Moser & Cie. that are both exceptional and very rare.
With the Perpetual Calendar Black Edition, H. Moser & Cie. ventures into new territory. The Manufacture explored high-tech materials to complement its collection in gold and platinum, in search of the perfect functional material to accompany its pure design. Titanium was chosen for its exceptional mechanical properties. It is very hard, easy to wear, hypoallergenic and extremely light. It also brings a unique urban yet timeless black finish to the watch that puts a focus on form and perfect surfaces.
The burnished glow of the Perpetual Calendar Black Edition hints at the material within: the case and pin-buckle clasp are titanium with a DLC treatment. Even the extrusions of the Moser “M” on the crown are purely etched from this hard metal and finished immaculately. The dial’s black surface is punctuated by rose gold indices and hands, enhancing both the timeless character of the watch and the legibility. The off-centre seconds dial reveals impeccable gold accents, marking time with a hacking seconds function. The matte black finish on the movement includes a blackened escapement bridge that lets the Moser escapement gleam from within. The mood is continued by the extreme matte finish of the carbon-coated alligator leather band.
- Case : 40.8 mm diameter, 11.1 mm height / Titanium
- Movement: in-house hand-wound calibre HMC 341, 34.0 mm diameter, 5.8 mm height
- Frequency: 18,000 vib/h
- Perpetual Flash Calendar display
- Centre hand month indicator
- Hour and date
- Off-centre seconds dial
- Power-reserve indicator / > 7 days
- Hacking seconds
- Double Pull Crown mechanism
- Double barrel
- Moser teeth for all wheels and pinions
- Interchangeable Moser escapement
- Original Straumann Hairspring® with stabilised Breguet overcoil
- Pallet fork and escapement wheel made from gold
- Movement and components hand-finished and decorated
- Leap year cycle indicator visible on movement side
- See-through sapphire crystal case-back
- Hand-stitched alligator strap
- Solid gold or platinum folding clasp with an engraved Moser logo