A perfect marriage between refined aesthetics and optimal functionality, a blend of subtle colour combinations and rigorous watckmaking mechanisms, the Academia Double Fuseau GMT watch is a very contemporary reinterpretation of DeWitt's iconic model.
The passionate connoisseurs who embrace the philosophy of the watchmaking Manufacture are often travellers. Our master watchmakers have created an elegant second time zone watch especially for them, which they can wear anywhere in the world and still keep in time with their loved ones at home, day in day out.
The Academia Double Fuseau GMT watch has a self-winding mechanical movement with a power reserve of 42 hours.
Featuring the famous DeWitt imperial column motif, the dial, with its subtle mink sunray decoration, has a counter at 12 o'clock showing the 24 hours of the day, and a date window at 6 o'clock.
The 43 mm grey gold case is fitted on a shagreen strap, creating a bold contrast between the assertive character of the Academia model and a beautiful aesthetic harmony.
This new creation also meets the very highest standards of finish adopted by the DeWitt Manufacture: satin-finished, polished and chamfered surfaces. This highquality work can be seen through the sapphire crystal case back, also revealing a delicate DeWitt rotor.
For its tenth anniversary, the DeWitt workshops will produce a limited series of 20 Academia Double Fuseau GMTs.
- Reference DW2001
- Movement Mechanical self-winding movement
- Diameter 30.40 mm
- Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, dual time zone, calendar
- Power reserve 42 hours
- Rotor Dewitt design
- Vibrations 28,800 vph
- Balance 3-armed, made in Glucydur
- Spiral Flat
- Escapement 51° angle of lift
- Jewels 21
- Case Round case with 24 DeWitt imperial columns on the sides and the bezel
- Material 18-carat white gold
- Diameter 43 mm
- Total thickness 12 mm
- Crown 18-carat white gold, polished, “W” signature
- Case back Sapphire crystal with safety screws
- Distance between lugs 21 mm
- Dial Mink-colour dial with sunray pattern and silvered Arabic numerals.
- Date aperture at 6 o’clock. 24-hour indication in a white snailed counter at 12 o’clock
- Hands Hours, minutes, second time zone: open-worked hands in the form of double-edged swords
- Counter and central second: thin and elegant
- Wristband Black alligator
- Buckle 18-carat white gold triple-blade folding clasp, engraved “W” signature
- Water-resistance 30 metres