We are delighted to reveal that Christopher Ward has launched the stunning C70-352 GT Chronometer with embedded rare Ferrari 250 GTO piece.
Only 100 Limited Edition pieces are made in partnership with TMB Artmetal which offers customers the chance of owning a small piece of one of the world's most iconic and valuable cars - the Ferrari 250 GTO.
Embedded behind museum-grade sapphire crystal in the back-plate of this chronometer is an original piece of exterior panelling from the seventh GTO (only 39 were ever built), which left the Ferrari factory on 22nd May, 1962. The date is actually featured in the watch's tachymeter. The chassis number of the C70's car, 3527 GT, gives this strictly limited watch its nomenclature and this is indicated on the side of the case.
The traditional Ferrari colouring of the beautifully executed dial serves as an impressive overture for the back-plate of the watch. The piece of original metal has been skillfully cut by experts in Switzerland to allow the number 6 from the car's number-plate to be shown in glorious Rosso Corsa livery.
Priced at £2,150, the C70-352 GT Chronometer is available to pre-order on www.christopherward.co.uk from now.
- Swiss made chronometer
- Special limited edition of only 100 pieces worldwide
- 27 jewel Swiss quartz movement and COSC Certification
- Chronograph dials with split minutes/seconds/ 1/10th seconds
- Convex museum-grade sapphire crystal
- Multi-layered precision dial
- Tachymeter inscribed with #3527's factory release date
- Marine-grade stainless steel case with screw-in crown
- Chassis number "plate" on case side
- Back-plate includes disc of #3527 precious metal set under museum-grade sapphire crystal
- Individual serial number
- Premium quality Italian leather strap including red leather lining and Bader deployment
- Unique engraved individual serial number
- Deluxe box and owner's handbook and Cerificate of Provenance
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 13.5mm
- Weight: 80g
- Calibre: ETA 251.233 COSC
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 10ATM
- Strap: 22mm Italian leather