Globally renowned for its rich British heritage and inimitable excellence in watchmaking, Arnold & Son unveils an inventive new timepiece that underscores its commitment to Haute Horologerie. The new TEC1 wristwatch is at once both alluring and intriguing. It masterfully integrates three complexities never before combined by the brand in such an elegant rendition. A tourbillon, a column wheel chronograph and an automatic winding system deftly blend in a superb avant-garde yet classic new timepiece. The TEC1, the brand’s third tourbillon, joins the sophisticated Royal Collection, which is inspired by the timepieces created in the early part of John Arnold’s life for King George II and members of the royal court.
This year, as Arnold & Son celebrates 250 years of heritage, it conquers new challenges in the watchmaking world. This sophisticated new TEC1 is a worthy example of Arnold & Son’s innovative spirit, technical prowess and artistic achievement. The A&S8305 calibre is an exclusive mechanical self-winding movement that offers hours, minutes, tourbillon and chronograph. The challenge for Arnold & Son’s Research and Development team in creating this timepiece was the integration of a high-frequency tourbillon, a chronograph and an automatic winding system in a way that is elegant and technically advanced. As such, the traditional layout of a movement with these functions has been totally discarded and all-new engineering was required for the new calibre.
The tourbillon escapement majestically occupies the entire top portion of the dial from 10 o’clock to 2 o’clock with an oversized aperture that offers an incredible three-dimensional effect as the tourbillon cage rotates. With a sapphire crystal and case back, the aperture allows for a view that is totally unencumbered and breathtaking. The TEC1 is the brand’s first high-frequency tourbillon, with 28,800 vibrations per hour and with a generous power reserve of 55 hours. The lower portion of the dial features the chronograph function, with the 60 minutes counter strategically located at 6 o’clock for harmonious balance. The seconds counter is offered via a central seconds hand. Making the watch even more technologically savvy is the fact that it is built with a column wheel chronograph – whose large column wheel is visible via the transparent sapphire case back. Implementing an integrated automatic winding system that winds in both directions further highlights the haute horological finesse of the brand.
In typical Arnold & Son tradition, the 255-part, 30-jewel A&S8305 calibre is meticulously finished. Each palladium treated movement boasts manually chamfered bridges with polished edges, fine circular graining and Côtes de Genève rayonnantes. The chronograph levers are satin-finished with hand-chamfered, polished edges and all screws are blued with bevelled and mirror polished heads. The highlight of each watch is a 22-carat red gold skeletonised rotor that is breathtakingly beautiful thanks to hand-engraved craftsmanship, its brushed surfaces and chamfered polished edges.
- Exclusive Arnold & Son mechanical movement, self-winding, ceramic ball bearing, 30 jewels, diameter 35.00 mm, thickness 8.83 mm, power reserve 55 h, 28,800 vibrations/h
Functions: hours, minutes, tourbillon, chronograph
- palladium treated with Haute Horlogerie finishing: hand-chamfered bridges with polished edges, fine circular graining and Côtes de Genève rayonnantes, all chronograph levers are satin-finished with hand-chamfered and polished edges, circular satin-finished wheels, blued screws with bevelled and mirror-polished heads.
- Hand-engraved 22-carat red gold skeletonised rotor with brushed surfaces and chamfered polished edges.
- Tourbillon: 18-carat red gold tourbillion-barrette, satin-finished with hand-chamfered and polished edges, tourbillon cage hand-chamfered and mirror-polished bridge
- 18-carat red gold
- diameter 45 mm
- cambered sapphire with anti- reflective coating on both sides
- case back see-through sapphire
- water-resistant to 30 m
Strap: hand-stitched brown or black alligator leather